Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #81
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Crain RV, part of Crain Automotive Team, Jonesboro, Arkansas on Interstate 30, exit 130, Baseline Road.

Sales, have NO idea, seems they were Cap RV in a recent past life. We had no knowledge of sales.

Service/parts department: GREAT! give em a 10, the only RV dealer I called regarding entry door lock replacements (see post at http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=21496 )that actually knew what they were doing.

Crain sell Jaycos and other products, but this Billy, Parts and service manager is a SURE FIRE TEN! Knows his job, his parts, polite, and very helpful.

We can highly recommend them for helping us while we were on the road. We asked them to save a part, got good directions into their establishment, part was waiting and price was VERY reasonable.

Thanks Crain, you were a RV angel the other day.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #82
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
Mid-America RV in Carthage, Missouri.
Sales: "6", not very good about returning phone calls when we had question's. Once they know they have the sell, they're done with ya. They did order us our unit just as we wanted it though.

Service: "0" Their service is terrible. They are a exclusive Keystone dealer too. Everything we have had done there was not done right. I will never take anything to them to get fixed again. (Never!)
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #83
gunner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6301
Beckley's Rv

Sales = 10
Service = 7

Great Prices and wonderful sales experience. Service dept doesn't seem to always get it right the FIRST time.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #84
Mr. retired

M.O.C. #3670
Mike Thompsom RV Colton, Ca

Sales 9
Service ( less than zero.) The worst service department I have ever done busniess with.

Mike
Mr. retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #85
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
I would recommend Burdette's camper west of Charleston,WV. Nice people and good service.
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #86
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
we bought from Tri-am in Ocala,FL Rod Speed rate them a 9 1/2
service , we had very little there so no rate
service in Escanaba,MI at hilltop a 10 they took out the slide and put it back in rite
service in Ft Myers ,FL at north trail rv a 8 as our unit was there 3 months in the axel deal and had to get the tri-am involed so we got the axel then it was the wrong one so keystone replaced it at north trail , only 1 week this time rate a 8 john bonita springs ,fl and packer country "green bay"
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #87
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Mike Thompson's in Fountain Valley. Fair is fair...good job this time at Fountain Valley.

I'm convinced that M T's Service depends on the luck of the draw, and which location. In Nov '03, we had a truly abysmal experience with their service dept in Colton. I swore "never again".

Time and circumstance required me to relent on that decision last week for some warranty work at Fountain Valley. They did what they said they would do, correctly (far as I can tell) in reasonable time and at the cost quoted. Actually, a bit less than quoted.

The Service Rep, Ricky Lacy, went above and beyond in getting one of those generally worthless "extended warranty" Companies to step up to the plate, at least a little bit. Good help from Keystone Team Montana om another issue as well. We are WAY out of Keystone warranty, and they stepped up. He also helped with some minor trouble-shooting which solved one of the problems right away and saved a little of the quoted costs.

Their shop rates are sky-high, but, for some things, I would use Fountain Valley location again...don't think I would risk the Colton location..

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #88
Frankenstien
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7274
2 Different RV Places:

White River RV Buckley WA

Sales Service and attitude.... all 10's
Great Family Run shop

South Hill RV Puyallup WA

Sales and Service Both 10's... have not dealt with them as long as I have white river... so N/A on the Attitude...
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #89
jhamlin164
Established Member

M.O.C. #6997
RV Connections- Panama City FL

Gotta give love to the guys and gals at RV Connections!

Sales: 10
Service: 10

We bought in FL and currently reside in CA (military) and their great customer service followed us out here! When we needed them, they were there! Those guys in the service department have raised the bar; they have become the Gold Standard by which we will evaluate all others!
jhamlin164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #90
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Cousin Gary's Redding, CA

Sales 10 - Very good no pressure and delivered the 5er to my home 75 miles away for free.

Servic 5 - Have to differ with Doug on this one. Went in to have a trailer hitch installed on the 5er for carrying bikes, did a good job but took a long long time doing it. I had called a week ahead of time to arrange this as I live 90 minutes away and when I arrived they had not even picked up the parts needed. Also wanted my overhead fan looked at as it moved no air. They told me this was just the way they worked NOT!! one of the blades was a different pitch than the other 3. They are ordering me a new set of blades. We'll see when they arrive if it solves the problem. On the other warranty issue they did fix the one window that didn't shut well. I will not use them for service if I can avoid it.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #91
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Naylor or Lifestyles Rv, Greater Kansas City Missouri area, sales; 10
Service a big fat 0.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #92
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Tacoma RV In Tacoma Washington 10, Service 10+!!!!!!!!!!!
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #93
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
MEYERS RV--SYRACUSE, NY for purchase of 2004 2980
Sales-0
Service-0

The only reason we bought from them was that they were the only option for us at the time. During the PDI they left the black tank valve open, with unspeakable results. Things did not get better.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #94
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
LAKESHORE RV--MUSKEGON MI for purchase of 2007 3400RL

Sales-10
Service-10

John Sobczak knew his product and did everything possible to assure that we were well informed and the sale went smoothly. The PDI was super and all issues were dealt with immediately, including a major problem with hitch exchange which entailed some really creative thinking. A missing freezer shelf was overnighted to us and arrived home before we did.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:12 AM   #95
Andy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5871
Ditto what Chuck & Carol said about Alpin Haus in Amsterdam, NY. We’ve purchased our 2nd unit from them, our sales experience (Clint Woodman) has been a 10 each time & service has been an 8. However, I’m expecting that to improve.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:28 AM   #96
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Everyone has done a good job of keeping this thread on track. Below is a reposting of the rules for this thread. Thank you for doing a good job of following the rules.

We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Post your personal experiences only without emotion, not opinions or hearsay.

This is to be a reference thread only to simply state objective facts; it is not to be a conversational thread. Please address questions or comments directly to the poster by email or private message.

Names of individual dealers' management/personnel will not be included in negative comments.

The MOC Administrative Staff reserves the right to edit or delete part or all of any post that, in our opinion, does not fit within these guidelines.

We appreciate the Membership's cooperation in following these guidelines.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #97
Buz

M.O.C. #6675
Master's RV. Home dealership is in Greenwood, SC with a satellite dealership in Spartanburg, SC.

After two years of researching, I went to the Spartanburg facility with model and options list in hand. Salesman tried to talk me into a Jayco because in his opinion they were superior. This should have been a flag. I ordered a new 3400RL and it came in exactly as ordered. PDI was mediocre. After 83 days and countless phone calls, I finally just donated the hundred bucks they charged me for title/tag transfer/doc fees and went to the DMV and paid the fees, did the paperwork and got my new Montana road legal.

The first time I needed some warranty service, I had to make the 90 mile trip to Greenwood facility because the Spartanburg shop was temporairly closed due to no technician. They kept my unit for 4 weeks. Out of 5 items to be repaired, not even one item was corrected.

Needless to say, I couldn't in good faith give this organization any more than a 1.
Buz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #98
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Freedom RV in Wentzville, MO
After purchasing a TT 31RLD in late 2007 we decided this camping stuff is fun. We also decided to upgrade to a 3400RL. After going back to Freedom we were unable to come to an agreement on price. We also felt the salesman was rude. So we went to another dealer (two hours away)who took our offer. About three weeks later we noticed a small water leak from the window over the desk. Called Freedom and asked for an appointment and was told they will not work on Montana trailers purchased elsewhere warranty or not. In the past their service was always pretty good but now I would give them a service 0. Keystone gave us the name of another Keystone dealer close by and they were happy to work on it for us. We take it in next week so we will see how their service is and post accordingly. Unfourtunely they do not sell Montana models.

Bottom Line
Sales 0
service 0
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #99
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Foleys RV, Burlington, WA, Co-located with a Camping World.

Sales - 2, Salesman was reluctant to show us a Big Sky once he found out we had a 3400RL in his service shop.

Service-Big Fat 0, They failed to order a 50 amp power cord and a day night shade back on 26 Jun, AFTER telling me the parts had been ordered. When I checked on the parts they were not ordered. Manager, Jim Fine, said it was their policy not to order replacement parts under warranty, unless they had the defective parts in their shop first. This was not what I was told by the service department on 26 Jun. He wanted me to send the cord and shade to him and he would then order the replacement parts. When I explained that I needed the power cord plugged into my unit (fulltiing) he said that was his policy and suggested I call Keystone. I did this and Keystone agreed to send me the parts. I will not use them (Foleys) for anything again....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #100
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
D&L RV in Wenatchee Washington.
Sales: 10
Service: 10

We purchased a 2980rl and a Big Sky from them and got the price we wanted and it was a pleasure negotiating with them.

We had some warranty items on both rigs and because we needed it done in a hurry they cleared time for us and got it in and out in 2 days, that included repair of a bow in the large slide. They went beyond a simple repair and added additional stiffening to prevent the problem from recurring in the future.

Treated like a customer that they want to see again
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote