Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
I have notice the recliners in our previous rig and current one do the same thing I believe as you describe. Basically just as I fall asleep the recliner back will tilt forward raising me up and waking me up. No naps in the recliners. If there was a locking position while fully reclined then I could sleep without bother. Also, I have read that the furniture comes with the rig whether you want it or not.

Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #22
Tomg
Established Member

M.O.C. #12667
Don't have any problem with mine,170 lbs and 5'7". Pretty comfortable, couch sleeps pretty good too, All MADE FOR SMALL PEOPLE.
Tomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #23
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
We pulled our factory units and replaced the couch with a LazyBoy dual reclining wall a way sofa - matching single wall a way recliner on the other side of the room. The comfort level went thru the roof! Highly recommended. As mentioned before - the LazyBoy's come in pieces and go thru the door just fine.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #24
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I hope the theatre seating that I've been waiting for is a great improvement as promised. Have only seen pictures. Have seen them in an SOB, very comfortable, wallhuggers.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #25
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Well,
This may be a solution. These will fit in my 3725RL if you separate them and put them back to back with the center console in between when traveling. I have always liked Flexsteel products. I do not like the cost. Now, I need to sit in them to see if they will be comfortable for a 6'4" guy. The Flexsteel site also indicates that a new theater package is coming out soon.
http://www.braddandhall.com/productc...?idproduct=697
@Larry. Can you post your pictures? Do you have dimensions or product information?
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #26
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
We are trying to find the right replacement for our recliners. We did toss out the original couch immediately and replace with a futon. It looks better, folds out to almost a queen size a lot easier, and is probably half the weight.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #27
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Just put our deposit down for a Mountaineer 331 and are getting the Home Theatre seating. Hope the Sofa and HT are more comfortable than in our current Cougar XLite. Better be given the price difference. Would be nice if you could order without furniture, mattress and eliminate all the carpet. But am told this is not an option.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #28
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #29
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
When we got our 3725, we told the dealer that we already had a complete set of La-Z-Boy furniture for it, and didn't want the sofa and chairs that were in it. So our salesman agreed to give us a credit for the furniture toward the cost of the RV. I won't divulge what it was, because it could vary from dealer to dealer, but it was a decent credit. He said they'd use the stuff in another older unit, to help it sell better. We have the two wall hugger La-Z-boys, and what I would call theater seating La-Z-boys, in that there is a recliner on each side of a console, that has drawers, and a flat top with cup holders in it. Very nice, and fits perfect. Surprisingly, even though they are way more comfortable, the La-Z-Boys weigh a lot less than the original furniture. We're happy...and comfy now!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #30
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We get our recliner through the door by extending them into reclining position, then turning them on their side and out the door. They are still cumbersome to move and keep wanting to get back into their home position but at least they fit through the door. We did this exercise during the warranty period when we found one of the recliners did not have all its hardware from whatever factory and thereby kept falling apart. The other one was fine. So DW and I removed the failed one and went back to the dealer for a replacement. They had none in the same print fabric and they could sense I was gonna go livid on them, so they offered a matching pair (color was real close) from another Montana right there on the lot and not have to wait for Keystone processing at all. I had JUST finished a 7 1/2 week refrigerator repair that had been delayed by Keystone red tape and they knew that. Fortunately, they sensed to get me outta their hair quick so they offered the two new replacements (not exact, but the pair mostly matched our interior). The bad news is then I had to go back home (50 miles one way) to fetch the other one, but at least this was their quickest solution. Since replacing these, they have held up all this time. Didn't even try to see if these came out in two pieces like our home Lazyboys. I don't know who makes the RV ones and don't care anymore.

Many MOCers, have just got complete replacements and not these crappy RV recliners.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #31
bobcat92
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12853
We took our rig to Yellowstone Park the day after we got it from the dealer. Leather recliners did exactly as described. After five days I was frustrated to say the least. We bought two replacement recliners at Costco. Couldn't be happier. You would think they would build them with a lock for the foot rest. The Costco units were to pieces. Was really easy to get in the trailer. We sold the recliners for a $100 a piece on craigs list.
bobcat92 is offline   Reply With Quote