Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2006, 06:59 AM   #21
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Congratulations on your new Montana.

We just picked up our new 2980RL on the 28th of April. First night had a small water leak, but was able to fix it easily by standing on my head with a flashlight in my teeth and just tightening up a hose clamp on the water pump that had to be tightened with my left hand extended in a very unatural position. The flashlight did not work either..:-)) Everything else worked flawlessly, but I have tons of questions, so MOC get ready!

The new Quest 3000 tuner was a complete mystery (no manual). I ended up calling Keystone and having a manual emailed. I thought the unit was broken because the rear speakers were so quiet, couldn't program FM stations etc. etc. The new manual made the difference, it isn't a great sounding stereo system, but it does give us instant entertainment, now.

Looking through the Keystone website, there was not a manual for the Quest 3000 unit listed. It seems like they should keep a library of the manuals that could be easily downloaded, it would take some of the pressure off of their customer service people. If anyone needs the manual for the Quest 3000, I suggest you contact Keystone, or I could send it to you via email.

Now, I need to find out some information about the Fantastic Vent. Does it belong in the Automatic position?...with the "rain button" on? I cannot find a manual for it either......

Robbie & Alice Simons
Seattle

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You should have a ton of books and manuals that came with the camper. Maybe the same guy who installed the shelves in the W/D closet upside down forgot to put your manulas on board. There is also the chance that your dealer lost or missplaced some of them They like to take that pile of stuff out and go over the stack of books with you, usually when you are signing all the papers . The usual suspect would be the finance guy.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #23
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
We too did not/do not have a manual for the Quest system. Have asked the dealer to get me one. Think that the problem I have with one speaker is in the Quest system but will be patient until I get a manual. I believe that the factory is the guilty party as our manuals were not taken into the dealership.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #24
Koalityman
Established Member

M.O.C. #4872
Great purchase!

We have the same model except a 2005 and had only one problem, the surround sound channel never worked. Brought it back to our dealer an now it works as good as gold.

We're now in Casper WY. on our way to Rapid City after traveling 3,000 miles. This trip has been beyond our expectations.

Have a wonderful time traveling and you won't be disappointed!
Koalityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:18 AM   #25
kbabb72
Established Member

M.O.C. #5794
Send a message via AIM to kbabb72 Send a message via MSN to kbabb72
Yes congrats! I have to figure out this picture thing. We just got our new 2955 as well. Have three problems to be fixed this week....radio won't work (it is a piece of garbage in my opinion), screen door doesn't fit right,and the toilet won't hold water. Minor issues,I hope.
Good luck and happy trails!
kbabb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #26
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
We have an '03 2955RL. We love it so far. The only problem we had on it wa the underbelly covering needed to be replaced. We are still weekend and vacation campers. You will love the way it pulls. Good luck and happy trails to you.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 AM   #27
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Kbabb,

Did you raise the TV (television)antenna? That's what the radio uses and I had a devil of a time figuring that out. I have the same thing with my toilet not holding water, I'm going to start a new thread on that, maybe we'll learn something else.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:05 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is good to be hearing reports of high quality Montana deliveries(including ours last month). Perhaps we are seeing a change for the better and perhaps the MOC had something to do with that. We had a complete set of manuals for everything and after Helen set up the quest unit per the manual it worked perfectly. Our flashlight also did not work and our dealer replaced it without question..they also replaced the leaky shower drain with a really good one that was part of a high dollar motor home. We run our Fantastic fan in auto/rain switch on ..it keeps the air flowing through the camper and I might say the fan works as advertised.Once it is in the driveway you will find little things that you think should be better so arm yourself with some tie wraps and gorilla tape and have a good time. You are going to enjoy your Montana and the more you come to know it the more impressed you will be.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:58 AM   #29
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Bruce: The 2955RL was our first Monty also. Bought it new in Feb. '03. pulled it with an '01 Dodge Cummins 2500 for 50,000 with no major problems. We live about 5 miles from Rollin' On and they're very good to do business with. We got a new Dodge last year and when we got back from FL in March, we sold the 2955RL. 5 days later we were going by Rollin' On and Jeannne said "Let's look." We left, the proud owners of an '06 3000RK. We were supposed to be on a long trip now to Mt. Shasta and across Canada to my sister's place on Ontario but had to have a hip re-worked last week (24th), so we've not been able to use it yet. We loved the 2955RL. The door being near the rear only caused a problem a couple times. Good luck with it and welcome to the form.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #30
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Bruce,
We've got an '05 model. It's a great unit. We try to get away every other other weekend; it's so much fun just going places in it, especially if we can relax with little to do when we get there. The 2955 floor plan is perfect for us.

Our Quest unit was improperly wired at the factory. The wires to the surround speakers were combined with the front speaker wires and set into those terminals, providing constant sound to the surrounds. The Quest unit is one of the only inadequacies in the trailer. I'm in the process of replacing it with a Harman Kardon setup from e-bay (if I get the components with a low enough bid). Of course, I haven't figured out how to hang the speakers on the wall by teh stairs and slide, or where the center channel will fit, not to mention the powered subwoofer that won't fit in the cabinet above the television...

You missed the weakest link in the product, the remote thermostat. Mine should be replaced this week with the unit yours already has. These are all minor quibbles. Each weekend we're home, I get Montana withdrawal symptoms.

Another thing we've thought of adding is a fireplace under the television, where there is a shallow cabinet.

Happy trails. I am sure you'll enjoy your Montana more with each trip.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #31
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Congratulations on your new rig! We, too, have a 2955RL, although it is a 2001 model. We've been fulltiming in it for the last 5 years, and still enjoy the layout. Enjoy and welcome to the MOC.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:51 AM   #32
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Congratulations on your new Monty.

Happy RVing!
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:41 AM   #33
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Bob & Pam,
It's great to hear your so happy with your rig! congrats! We really want to all about your future adventures on the road. Welcome, and know that a lot of questions that have been asked by everyone on this thread have been discussed before and are fairly easy to access thru a search on the forum, so if no one can answer a question on this thread, maybe someone else did on another one at an earlier date. Again, welcome.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #34
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Bruce, I see you have a tall Ford like mine so you must be aware that the rear steps of the 2955RL do hang lower if you are a little high in the front. My 05 F350 has 18 inch wheels so it is even a little higher than my 04 F350 was and my rear stairs made contact with the road somewhere.
I think it was when I went over a tall speed bump a little faster. The damage was minor and I was able to bend the stairs back to where they work fine but I now take them off when I travel. They are very easy to remove but they are quite heavy so I am looking at doing something different.
All the other Montana models have the stairs ahead of the wheels and are not prone to this problem. Just wanted to make you aware and so far the low stairs are the only thing about our 06 2955RL that we don't like. It is a great floorplan and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #35
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I know how happy you are with your 2955.(look at our picture!) We got ours last May 2005. It is everything we wanted in a 5th wheel,with not too much excess. Stick with this board and you will learn the care and feeding of your new Monty. I have learned so much and picked up tips and information that probably saved us $$$ and headaches!

Welcome and Happy Camping!!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #36
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
I had the dealer level up my 2955RL with my old TV, an '01 Dodge 4x4. They had it very good. When I hooked it to my Ford, I was surprised and pleased at how level it was. I do agree the 2955 is a choice and suits us perfectly, at least for now. Glad you are enjoying yours.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #37
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
Wrenchtravller, I too have noticed the low hanging steps. In fact I did the same thing you did. I slightly dinged them when the trailer wheel dropped off into a large chug hole (It had water in it and I had no idea how deep it was) I straightened them out just fine. Taking them off is more than I want to do. I even thought of putting a two step set on but will probably do nothing but watch where I go. Thanks for the caution.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #38
dige1

M.O.C. #2123
Congratulation on your new rig. We have the same and really enjoying it. Hope you will do the same
dige1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #39
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
Wow...beautiful coach Bruce! Enjoy seeing our beautiful country! Safe travels to you and your family.
Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote