Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Camping this weekend

We will be camping this weekend at Thousand Trails 192 & 27 Orlando Preserve. If any of you are there stop by and see my leaky Mountaineer. We will be the ones with 3 Dachshunds and 4 good looking boys

Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:35 AM   #2
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Enjoy your weekend. I sure hope it doesn't rain!!!
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Ditto to what Larry said. You definitely do not need any water this weekend; if anyone deserves a good trip, it is you.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Thanks I really do appreciate the support that I have received here on the forum.
I do not think there will be any rain. I would not mind though truth be told....if we got a good rain and it leaked again I could call Keystone and say TOLD YOU SO!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
I hope everything goes well with your trip. You deserve a trip without problems. Good Luck
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
You go sixcampers, Have a stiff one for me....And I don't drink but at this point I really don't care...Just picked up a message from Gardner's (Randall) he said that Keystone called while he was at lunch and that they worked something out to where the belly of the slide will be fixed there....
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #7
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Kathy, am I relieved to here that!

I've been trying to think of what I could do all day.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kathi

You go sixcampers, Have a stiff one for me....And I don't drink but at this point I really don't care...Just picked up a message from Gardner's (Randall) he said that Keystone called while he was at lunch and that they worked something out to where the belly of the slide will be fixed there....
persistence pays off.It should not be this hard to have something repaired under warranty But if you stick with it it will pay off...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are two things that prevent us from going camping this weekend...(1.) We have no camper(.2.) it is cold and snowing so we are glad we do not have a camper.We are however going winter camping at a Holidome, full hookups, suna, It will have to do.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Well I don't know if it was me heating up Montana or this is just the weather her right now but it was 60 degrees here today...That just made me all the more angry...It got hot in this house, I can tell you that!!!I hope everyone has a great weekend...I know I will be sleeping much much better knowing that my Monty is in good hands not in the hands of some fly by nighter...
MIMF, thank you for all your support. After I talked to you I sat down and got my head together and away I went...I am sorry that I had to call you...I just didn't know who else to call...
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #11
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Good for you Kathi. I am glad someone got some good news!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #12
Doug and Lorraine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #123
Please let us know how you like the TT Orlando Preserve. Hope to get there one of these days. Haven't visited many TT preserves yet. Hershey, PA and Chestnut Lake, NJ and a few RPI campgrounds. Looking forward to branching out. Hope you have a good time.
Doug and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:24 PM   #13
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
We have a membership and we do like the Orlando Preserve. I do have some issues with TT though. We were told when we purchased our membership that we would be able to get in anytime even without a reservation. The ONLY reason we even considered buying the membership was because we are self employed and my husband works on a bi-weekly schedule from Nov-March. We live in Florida and all the snow birds are here during those months and it is difficult to get a reservation anywhere at that time.

We like to be able to just pick and go away for a long weekend if we chose to and with the business it is nice to be close to home and work so we bought the membership. Well.....come to find out we were misled. We were not the only ones they told it would not be a problem getting in at anytime. We bought the same day as our friends and we referred another couple - all of us are self employed - all three of us were told the same thing.
I have called TT many times and they tell me that that is not their policy at all. They say that they have to put you in an over flow site which may not have hook ups but they do not have to give a full hook up site. Again that is NOT what we were told. We asked that question and were told that we would be able to get in ANYTIME at our home park with a FULL HOOK UP SITE when we purchased.
I seem to be the consumer with a sign on my forehead that says "LOSER". The whole camping industry is trying to take my last dollar and laugh in my face. I am not ready to let them win though.
Our friends are there now and when they checked in they were given a flyer announcing some new plan they have at TT. The are now allowing people to rent a site for extended periods of time. I believe you are able to actually rent a site for a year, leave your camper on the site even if you are not there the whole year. I have not read the flyer but that is what our friends told us. This would be great for the snowbirds but will cause BIG problems for us. The more sites that are taken up long term the less likely it will be that I will be able to get in there. I could be wrong on the details - like I said I have not read the flyer.
I kind of went of on a tangent there - sorry. You asked how were like the preserve....we do like it a lot.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 AM   #14
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
We are back. We had a nice weekend. It was nice to be back in the camper and enjoying the outside once again!!