Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #21
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1LI View Post
I just read somewhere, maybe on the Montana fb site of a fix to remove them. It said to clean them up with alcohol & gently heat them with a heat gun to reactivate the adhesive & press them down till cool. I have a couple small bubbles & once it warms up I am going to try it.
I would think a better approach would be to get the slide roofs replaced. The material is weakened. If they come back after your warranty expires, you may be out of luck

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #22
Jim/Sandy
Established Member

M.O.C. #23278
jeffba, thanks for the response. My problem is I just found this extremely helpful website however my 2018 HC345RL is now 23 months old. Sounds like I'm S.O.Luck on Keystone's warranty. I sent a request to Norco two days ago for the pans but haven't gotten a response. I will follow Renegade1LI's lead and call Keystone.
One last question, not trying to ruffle any feathers. Is it pure conjecture or a known fact that Keystone has been aware of this defect since 2017? If it's a fact, why hasn't someone started a class action lawsuit? My Keystone manual reads, " A Service Campaign is a potential product failure but is not likely to lead to personal injury. Notifications are mailed to the registered owner's address. Repairs should be scheduled at the owner's earliest convenience. " I waited 3 months for my coach to be built, so it was maybe a month old when I took delivery. I never was told nor received any notification about a " potential defective product failure." Had I been informed upfront, my "earliest convenience" most certainly would not have been 23 months later.
Thank you MOG for doing what Keystone should have done at delivery.
Jim/Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #23
summer home
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21038
Just discovered damage to my dinette slide roof from oil drips.. fotos of all slide roofs sent to CW, and an e-mail to Keystone... the work order for drip pans and replacement of the dinette roof material were started today....
2017 HC375FL
summer home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #24
Jim/Sandy
Established Member

M.O.C. #23278
Summer home, how far out of warranty was your coach? Did you do all the legwork or was it between your dealer and Keystone? My 345RL is 23 months down the road with bubble on all 4 slides.
Jim/Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #25
LeonBlack
Established Member

M.O.C. #21807
I have read a great deal about persons getting the roof material replaced. Keystone flat refused in my case because the coach was out of warranty. I wonder if they can feel the class action coming. If I could get the right ambulance chaser I would be MUCH in favor of going after KEYSTONE for knowingly putting faulty motors on.

I would like people to consider the following. If the bubbles were allowed to open up, the unknowing owner now has an entry point for water. This water entry point now does a couple of things. The structural integrity of the slide disappears and we also have a mold source that can and will fill the entire coach. If someone were to sit on a piece of furniture in said slide, they could easily become injured or killed when the structure of the slide out fails. Even if the structure does not fail, the amount of mold released could reach toxicity levels high enough to kill small children or older adults. Multi-layer(Particle Board) plywood is known for propagating black mold.

We now have both a safety issue as well as health issue. There is not a court in the nation that will side with KEYSTONE or any manufacture where Health and Safety issues are provable.
LeonBlack is offline   Reply With Quote