Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Montana_5429
Established Member

M.O.C. #5429
Before you order a Mountaineer 32PHD, read this

I was at the RV dealer and had made up my mind, after looking at the mounty 342PHT 5th wheel with the same floor plan, that I was gonna order the TT version, a 32PHD. I didn't close the deal that day because a RV show was coming up in a couple weeks.
While doing alot of internet research, I noticed that keystone pulled the 32PHD floorplan that is in there printed brochure off there web site and replaced it with a reversed version 2 days before the RV show. The new version has the sofa looking at the refridgerator instead of over by the TV. The problem is, they didn't change the model number. So if you order a 32PHD out of the brochure, it's not gonna be what you think!
I emailed keystone, but they never responded.
At the RV show, the dealer told me that I was wrong and I should just order one. I made him call keystone and he found out that I was right, but the 2 he had ordered 2 months earlier were gonna be the original floorplan. I made him call back, and again he was wrong, they are the new floorplan.
Anyway I ended up buying the 342PHT 5th wheel.

Don't believe the brochure for the 2006 mountaineer 32PHD. Look at the floorplan on http://keystone-mountaineer.com/?page=floorplans#

Montana_5429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
GOOD GOING DIRK - You did your homework, that way your not going to end up with a surprise you didn't expect... You also must have taught the sale person a thing or two.

BRAVO

Later John H (aka Hemlockusa)
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
That sounds like a surprise I sure would not be happy with. Nothing like ordering a coach only to have it arrive and the floorplan or model number has changed and you do not get what you ordered.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hemlockusa

GOOD GOING DIRK - You did your homework, that way your not going to end up with a surprise you didn't expect... You also must have taught the sale person a thing or two.

BRAVO

Later John H (aka Hemlockusa)
I kind of feel sorry for these "weekend warriors" - salesman that just fill in for the dealership at these shows. There are so many ongoing changes - almost weekly - that there is no way, unless you are a MOCer (in Montana/Keystone's case) that its impossible to stay up with what the factory is doing. Some of these sudden changes are rather dramatic, and they really leave these guys on the floor hung out to dry.

Of course, then you have your salesmen who know everything anyway, so new info is useless to them.... These are the ones I like... Great entertainment.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:50 AM   #5
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
The sofa faceing the frig is just what I would want. The one thing most folks need to do is sit in all the seating to see if you can view the tv with comfort. I know that is hard to do off a brochure.Trailer designers dont care,just make them somebody will buy them.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Most likely the reason they did it is that a sleeper sofa won't pull out up by the L in the counter. They did the same thing with our model back in 2003. If you ordered a sleeper sofa instead of the scissor sofa in the 5er I hate to say you are most likely going to have the same problem. You would think Keystone and all the other manufacturers would have learned by now.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
Montana_5429
Established Member

M.O.C. #5429
I went back and looked at the 342PHT I'm getting and the sleeper comes within 3 inches of the kitchen counter. We will hardly ever use that bed anyhow. I like setting closer to the TV when I'm trying to watch something.
Montana_5429 is offline   Reply With Quote