Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 AM   #1
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Blue Beacon Truck Wash

I decided to break down and pay some $$$ for a good cleaning. After sitting in line with the "big boys" for an hour or so, I had my TV and TT washed and waxed (all spray - slide in, awning rolled up). It cost $44. I was impressed !! I think I'll do this at the onset of each season - It'll make it much easier for me to keep up with it throughout the season!! I still need to get on top and make that RR shine and clean the awning good !!

VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I used to do that when i had a motorhome. Hadn't thought about it with the fiver. Good Idea. Now if they wouild also wax it for a nominal price that would be especially good.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:30 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
We were at an RV park once and noticed several teenage Mexican boys waxing a motorhome while the owner was overseeing the job. I don't remember what he said they charged, but it was CHEAP !! If in a park, you might check at the office or laundry room bulletin board - perhaps they allow folks to come into the park to provide such services.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
Montana_2825
Established Member

M.O.C. #2825
Vanman, Is it like a regular car wash with revolving brushes or is it a hard spray so that nothing actually touches the RV? Any manual labor involved, like on the wheels?

wingnut
Montana_2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
The one I used is in Weatherford, TX - I suppose they are all the same - touchless. I waited in line quite a while - they have 2 HUGE bays. When I was next to enter there is a coin vacuum with a nice long hose (vacuumed out my PU while I was waiting). Inside, several men using pressure washer nozzles went to work. They had 3 or 4 foot extensions on the guns. They had a routine pattern - one doing the soap on one side and the front, another on the other side and the rear. They used a very quick back-and-forth "herky-jerky" motion while spraying. I could not see them do mine from the waiting room, but I did watch them do a big rig. What impressed me most (and I don't know if they do all of the rigs or if it was just a random spot check, but a lead type guy used a flashlight to point out places missed by the guys. There was also a manager type guy overseeing the entire process in the bay also. I still need to get on top and do the roof right and I still need to roll out the awning and give it a good cleaning, but for me it was well worth the $$$ to not do it myself. I have a good pressure washer and started the job myself by trying to do the roof without getting on top. I was pooped after 1/2 the roof and didn't even get it done right. It was very windy and I was fighting the water so just gave up !!! I think I'll make this at least an annual ritual and then I can handle it the rest of the year.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
When we were at the Las Vegas KOA there was a service there that washed on site for $2.00 a linear foot and up. Very convienant but I thought the price a bit steep.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote