Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2022, 09:46 PM   #21
Kris & Al
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18907
We replaced our 50 amp manual reset breaker with an 80 amp and magically, all the problems you are having and we also had, went away. An 80 amp breaker is relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. I’m not qualified to make recommendations, but if there are any dots here, connect them.

Kris & Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:33 AM   #22
c2itcliff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21599
Although my issue isn't the same perhaps it will help someone. Our 2019 3931FB decided it wouldn't level itself on almost level ground. The auto level first drops the front landing gear one inch below level, then it's supposed to move back up to level. Well ours completely retracted the front gear and stopped. A very patient Lipper tech helped me isolate the problem to a failed electric motor that drives the hydraulic pump. The solution was to replace the motor $$$. With nothing to lose, I removed the motor (very simple) and dissembled it. The inside was contaminated with, I think, hydraulic fluid. After cleaning with brake cleaner and making sure all four contact brushes were functioning, not stuck as I found them. I reinstalled the motor. Presto! Everything is working properly. Now, I'm waiting to figure out how the motor got contaminated in the first place! Any thoughts?
c2itcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:41 AM   #23
Sparky55
Established Member

M.O.C. #25383
Hydraulic resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobt231 View Post
Greetings to all. My wife and I purchased an 18 month old 2020 Legacy 3120 RL. Love the coach and here comes the issue.

In January we went camping. When I was putting the slides in, one would go in about half way, then stopped and everything in the coach went out. No lights, the In Command system was dark. About 30-45 seconds later the power comes back on, In Command reboots and slides were able to go in. When I went outside, hooked up and used the control panel to go to "all jacks up", the system started to work, but the jacks would go up about 2-3 inches and stop, similar to what happened with the slides, but after the system resets, I had to use the manual mode to get all six jacks up to their starting point. We made it home and made an appointment with service dealer.

To make this a bit shorter, after diagnosis they are saying that the reason there was an "overload" was that something in the system that had "come apart" and caused something, rubber or metal, to enter the system and that was causing a system overload. Their fix? To replace all six leveling jacks, the vertical pump/motor and two slide rams. I will not put the price in here but you can guess.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to your Lippert systems? And if so what were the reasons? Thank you.
We had similar issue. But in our case it was low battery voltage and capacity. We replaced our batteries. No more problem.
Sparky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #24
joe1047
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13901
Hello, can you tell me which breaker you changed?. I have a 2020, 3121rl, it has 2 red breakers on the right and a big black one on the left. Don't know which one to change. Thank you
joe1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:53 PM   #25
Wisconsin Retiree
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28036
Replaced The 50 amp auto reset breaker with the red hot feed cable to hydraulic pump with a new 80 amp breaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49645~3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	11765   Click image for larger version

Name:	49636~2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	11766  
Wisconsin Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:05 PM   #26
AZMont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26281
I replaced my 30 and 50 amp re-setable breakers with an 80 amp for the level up, then 50 and 30 amp breakers. All my replacement breakers were manual reset type breakers. Before I did this, my level up system would trip the 50 amp breaker. After doing the upgrade, have not had any further issues. I did the breaker replacement about 2 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2112.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	11778  
AZMont is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert hydraulic system, lippert leveling system