Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We're heading for Prescott Arizona in 2 weeks

Carol has accepted a 12 week assignment, travel nurse, in Prescott, AZ starting in 2 weeks. Anyone know of a good RV Park in the area or an RV lot for rent?

Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Never camped there.. but love the town. Also, might try Prescott Valley
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
There is a sister park down the road from the Saddle Mountain Park in Tonopah, we looked at it and it is not too bad, certainly more reasonable than up in Prescott, Google Saddle Mountain and it should mention the name of the park.
Beautiful town, that Prescott! Have fun.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

There is a sister park down the road from the Saddle Mountain Park in Tonopah, we looked at it and it is not too bad, certainly more reasonable than up in Prescott, Google Saddle Mountain and it should mention the name of the park.
Beautiful town, that Prescott! Have fun.
Thanks, but unfortunately we are going to have to pay the going rate in the Prescott area. She would kill me if I asked her to drive 40 miles or more to work again. Did that once, won't be stupid enough to do that again. She's driving 15 miles one way now and I get worried every time she leaves for/from work as traffic is very heavy here. She's a great driver, but I don't trust some of the other idiots out there.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Two years ago we were in the area and toured the Prescott area. There is a geological formation in the area named Point of Rocks which is fascinating. Located nearby is a RV park named aptly enough Point of Rocks RV Campground. Close to town, interesting rock formations, and decent looking (at least from our drive by). It isn't a "Resort" if that is what you are looking for. You can see it on Google Earth. Also check the reviews on RV Park Reviews (http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions.../Prescott.html)

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
subra1228
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10766
Can't recommend a campground, however lots of great places to eat in Jerome - enjoy!
subra1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
We drove thru point of Rocks last year and checked out all the sites. It's a hard place to describe as its not like most RV Parks. It has an interesting mix of sites. Some were somewhat roomy and almost private and some were crammed in. Some had Rock formations around them and some didn't. Like Carl said - its not a resort but was decent. I think for me it would get old after a couple of weeks. Its dirt roads and can get very very dusty if windy or muddy if it rains, but the pickings in Prescott was pretty slim as far as RV Parks. Prescott itself however is a great town.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #8
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
We stayed in Point of Rocks CG a couple of years ago for a week and agree with Greg's description of the variation in spots. There were a lot of full-timer's camped there with most of the best spots. I would recommend either picking a spot on the upper area before moving in or moving to a better spot when you can, especially if you will be there 12 weeks. I would stay there again if traveling in the area.
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #9
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Beware, my younger brother went to Tucson a few years ago a a travel nurse, he is still out there
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We've been looking at P.O.R. and from what we can see from Google Earth it looks like some spots are shaded and some not. Are the spots situated so that we can get sun to our solar panels for most of the day?
Old 08-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #11
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K0LCB

Beware, my younger brother went to Tucson a few years ago a a travel nurse, he is still out there
That has been one of the major challenges of this lifestyle. Seems like everywhere we go they want Carol to come on full time. We've been tempted several times, but that's not why we do this. When we started doing this we figured since we were poor Missouri Hillbillies, this was the only way we were going to be able to see this great country. So far, we are in our 8th year and have been to 20 states west of the Mississippi and Carol even went to Alaska, north of the Arctic Circle, for 13 weeks. The only way to get to where she was at was to fly in. I stayed home and had surgery that trip. We have seen places most people only dream of.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #12
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Alwims

We've been looking at P.O.R. and from what we can see from Google Earth it looks like some spots are shaded and some not. Are the spots situated so that we can get sun to our solar panels for most of the day?
Most of the spots had sun available, but some were heavily shaded by trees for most of the day. That's why I would suggest a tour first before setting up final camp.
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:

Quote:

That has been one of the major challenges of this lifestyle. Seems like everywhere we go they want Carol to come on full time. We've been tempted several times, but that's not why we do this. When we started doing this we figured since we were poor Missouri Hillbillies, this was the only way we were going to be able to see this great country. So far, we are in our 8th year and have been to 20 states west of the Mississippi and Carol even went to Alaska, north of the Arctic Circle, for 13 weeks. The only way to get to where she was at was to fly in. I stayed home and had surgery that trip. We have seen places most people only dream of.
Alan, you have it figured out. I, and I am sure many others envy your lifestyle, you can travel and have a good income as well, I bet your wife loves it as well. Your rig is set up for the life you live on the road. You should write a book on it. I would buy it.
Take care, and good luck on finding a good place to stay.
Ozz
Old 08-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Quote:

Quote:

Alan, you have it figured out. I, and I am sure many others envy your lifestyle, you can travel and have a good income as well, I bet your wife loves it as well. Your rig is set up for the life you live on the road. You should write a book on it. I would buy it.
Take care, and good luck on finding a good place to stay.
Ozz
Wow Ozz, you're the 3rd person this week that has suggested I write a book on our lifestyle. I've never given it much thought until now, but I wouldn't have a clue as to where to begin.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Alan, from what I understand, you write your experiences, then a learned person takes over, makes the spelling and sentence structure; paragraphs and all that stuff and bada-bing! you have a book. You will notice that a famous person will have a book, their name on it and another person shares the credits.
There are thousands of folks sitting in cubicles, waiting for retirement that would probably read it.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #16
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Hmmm. Now you've got me thinking.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My brother is writing a book about his LEO and P.I. experiences, you can do it. Fire up the search engines and do some reading about it.
Has anyone here on the MOC written a book?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
Bill and Jan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12932
The fairgrounds is very nice, priced right, and a good location.
Bill and Jan is offline   Reply With Quote