Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Locating RV parks

Have you seen this free app for iPad, RVparking.com? It brings up all RV parks
near where ever you are. I use it to locate a park, then use the parks web site for more detailed information.

grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I just downloaded rvparking.com and took a look at a few locations that I know and deleted the app. It is not very accurate. i.e. KOA about a mile from my home is shown 35 miles away in the wilderness (n a dirt road that I know). A few in Montana were not positioned correctly also. I applaud the effort and if it gets accurate I may try it again. It was a free app so I was not out anything but a few minutes of my time.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I just downloaded the App. I see some great potential. I see directions to rv park, which may or may not be accurate like some GPS's are not that accurate. However, it has contact details, park details, phone numbers, etc., that can aide in determining if you want to stay. I'll use it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also look int RV Companion. It has a great leveling device in the app.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Yes I know there is some info left out or perhaps not accurate, but it does give the names which allows me to do a google search of that park and get more detailed information. Perhaps they may work on this and upgrade their info.

There is another one called RV Park Hunter which gives a great deal of information, US and Canada.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
There are a couple more "pay for" apps for rv parks. Go to the App store, in the search pane start typing "rv park" without the quotes and a few more will pop up.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote