Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A veritable cascade of ill tidings......

Well, Santa has seen fit to bring the Ozzman a symbolic
'Lump of Coal'....or two.
My Tivo/Direct TV, just went belly up.
Reset it, still no workee.
I have been stunned, sitting here waiting for my computer to crash and a Meteorite to hit the Montana.
Well, at least Sue's dinner rolls rose last night, we were concerned they would not. First batch were flatter than a Kansas horizon.
I hope all is well with my nomadic brothers and sisters out there in Montana Land.
Merry Christmas.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:28 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Ozz - We were blessed to wake up this morning so we are much ahead of the game. Sorry for your woes but you also awoke and for this we were also blessed because that means that we will continue to read your helpful and humorous posts. Merry Christmas to you and Sue. We look forward to meeting up with you again sometime - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:29 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Update....
Out of anger and sheer frustration, I smacked it with my open palm, it shut off. I thought well, wasn't working anyway. Then it came back on. After it warmed up and went through it's check list, that darn thing started working. For how long...it's any-body's guess. So far-so good.
The bigger hammer theory. Just reset itself as the Bronco's game was playing, (Don't tell me who won) it's recorded from last night, so Sue didn't have to suffer through it. I will still get a new one, it's too un-predictable now.
Have a good day.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:37 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Keep your head up, Ozz. It could be worse. You could be in Kansas. (Click-Click)
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ah! Those electronic devices packed with smoke again. When the smoke escapes you have to put it back in the device. The bigger hammer seemed to work - this time. Be prepared to repack that smoke. Get a bigger hammer.

Merry Christmas
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:39 AM   #6
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
My direcTV box hangs up sometimes and the solution is to unplug it, cutting it off does not work. Sounds like you have the same magic in your open palm. Maybe just a late Christmas present!
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:58 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ozz

Get all the little grinches out and gone, be done with em all at once.

Tis a strain when they all come at once, yet, we know, ye shall outlast em!

Merry Christmas, enjoy the sun! Take a walk on the beach for ole Carol!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #8
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Oh the Grinches of the electronic world. May the Sunshine of life keep looking down on you. As my Uncle has said over and over, "It is better to be looking at the Green side of grass than the Brown side". Hope you had a Beautiful Christmas and a coming Prosperous New Year.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I can sure relate...bought my wife a really nice electronic picture frame...opened our presents last light and when putting in the SD card, it bent. I spent over 3 hrs putting pics and video clips of vacations on it. Now it's a redo and an exchange to boot - it wouldn't fire up.
I figured it was Margarita time...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #10
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cyrus

My direcTV box hangs up sometimes and the solution is to unplug it, cutting it off does not work. Sounds like you have the same magic in your open palm. Maybe just a late Christmas present!
Yep, you're right there, IIRC most DBS boxes reset better when unplugged for a short time. Not sure just why though. I do know that they still take updates and power the LNB when they are shut off at the switch though, so some of the circuitry is still hot with the switch off.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #11
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Ozz, I had a problem similar to that with my Dish receiver. I think the hard drive is starting to go, even though it seems to be all right now. Sharon used that as an excuse to get a service policy on the unit so that when it finally gives up, we'll be able to get it fixed for cheap.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ozz try to enjoy the warm weather there. We are in another snow storm. Got 7 inches today and another storm coming in tomorrow with another 4 inches! We are in an area that got socked bad.
Temperature is going to be in the teens tonight. Enjoy that warm weather!

Yes take another walk on the beach for me too.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote