Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
WK-RV

Anyone out there using or heard of Water King water conditioner? Looks pretty simple and if the warranty statement and their general statement is correct, might not be to bad of a thing try out. Their website is: www.WaterKingUSA.com if you are interested in checking them out! I just saw it in the new addition of "Trailer Life".

Rondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The idea is great. Small, easy to connect. Simple all around. My only problem with it is the price.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I agree about the price! You could go through a lot of water filters and a few softeners for that priceLooks like it is put into a plastic toolbos for convenience. I also question the two fittings on the outside to connect the hoses to!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thanks for the edit Britney!!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I agree, looks to me like another unproven new age scam. "High cost so it must work" sort of thing. I would wait for awhile and see what kind of negative info starts to arise. I will drop this info on a another forum and see what floats to the service...Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say about that statement. Very pricey, indeed. Must wait to see if this is a proven product. I would like to have a water softener but at what price?????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #7
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Electrified water---WOW.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mumbo jumbo
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I was right, this item has been around for several years and rears its ugly head every few months. I found a lot of info about this on the Escapees forum. A great source of this kind of info. http://www.chem1.com/CQ/index.html Snake oil. This link deals with the Water King specifically, http://www.chem1.com/CQ/aquacrack.html good luck... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #10
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Back in the early 80's I believe there was a product sold to improve gas mileage by passing the fuel line through a magnetic field to "align the molecules all the same way". Somehow that was supposed to improve your fuel mileage by 30%. Obviously it didn't work either. We buy bottled water in Texas and at .15 a gallon you can buy an awful lot for $329.
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote