Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Camping World Awnings

Just on the camping world site looking at window awnings. They say all sold out. I wonder if they are bringing in new improved ones? Anyone know? I like to have an awning over the couch/table slide of the rv.

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Campbud,

I just tried it, but didn't get that response. You might try it again, as it seemed it was ready to process my order through.

Are you going with 2 awnings or a single across both windows?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:42 AM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Brad, Thanks, maybe the site was having trouble then, I will try again.
I am getting just one long awning for the table and couch slide. That is what we had last time and we liked that really well. Now on the other slide is the big window that is a bit bigger than the back window we had on the 2955RL. We are probably going to get a sunguard cover for that along with the small kitchen window and medium back window. When parked at home these are the windows that get alot of sun. So it helps a great deal with that and more privacy at the campgrounds.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sounds like it will be nice!

We're still debating splitting the couch/table awnings or just get the one. I'm leaning towards the one, as it is a lot less hardware. Other than the big back window, we don't have any windows to speak of on the street side.

Also waiting to hear today from the installer to replace the patio awning arms with the Carefree power arms, so I can pretend I'm a Big Sky. They keep the present awning and tube. They just remove the spring and install the new arms.

Brad
Old 01-31-2007, 05:35 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
If you don't already have a slide topper, there's now a topper and awning all built into one unit.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
VanMan,

Yep, I looked at those (carefree). We decided that for our use, we will just avoid the slide toppers altogether. We never stay anywhere long enough to worry about the slide roofs.

Brad
Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
VanMan, We also considered them but the dealer threw all slide covers in with our deal.
Brad you will have to post pictures of the new awning. I bet that will sure look nice. Much less work putting in and out too! Is your dealer doing the install?
That is the reason that we went just one single awning on the couch/table slide...less holes in the Monty
Old 01-31-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Campbud,

I'm getting pricing from a Carefree Dealer that will do it in front of my house (Carefree factory is a few blocks from office here).

Our Dealer is 400 miles away, and after watching them try to put our wheel on with an air gun, I doubt I will use them for anything. (Did you notice the CD that came with your new Monty that is specifically about lug nut torque from Keystone?).

Brad
Old 01-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #9
Jaelyn
Established Member

M.O.C. #619
We have the single window awning on the large slide. I am thinking, that sometime I might install two more hold down straps. Because of the wind. Two would be fine,but I already have one in the middle. They really help with the heat.
Tom
Jaelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:48 AM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Brad that is service! You will have to post pictures.
Found that cd too...I want to say Keystone sent me one maybe last year if I am not mistaken.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #11
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We put two awnings on the large slide took the advise of the salesman that when you have a long roller tube it has a tendency to bow because of the one hold down strap.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #12
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Campbud,

What is a "sunguard cover "? Do you have a URL for it?

With slides on both side of the Monty it is already pretty wide for some RV sites. How much additional width is there when using the window awnings?
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #13
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
BirdingRVer, here is a picture of the one on our last Montana. We used the velcro tabs, but you have your option of the snaps or twistlocks too. We just didnt want to make any holes in the Montana. We used this at home and in the campgrounds. You can see out but one cannot see in. There is also a shade that you can purchase (works just like one in the stick house) A little pricey too. We really like the sunguard covers, really cuts down on the heat. We ordered ours from www.rvtoystore.com I have our other one for sale here on the forum.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #14
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Campbud,

Thanks for the picture and URL. I will have to get to the storage yard to measure our back window. I am thinking that it would be easier to put this up or take it down if it were put on the window on the inside of the 5th wheel. Is there a reason why that wouldn't work?

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #15
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we have them above all the slides.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote