Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2018, 09:16 AM   #21
TwoBrewDogs

M.O.C. #22327
Same experience. Inside tire wear on driver side front wheel of tandem. No other. Took it to Camping World in Katy since we hate the service at Holiday World where we bought it. They used the laser alignment and determined that the REAR axle on the driver side was out by 1/2" or so. I told them it was the front one not the rear one that wore.... he was a veteran tech and said that he's seen that before. Something to do with which axle has slightly more weight on it and is 'dominant', causing issues for tires on the other axle...or something like that. In any case, they use the Correct Track adjustment and got everything straight. I had bought 4 new tires which I had them mount and put on (be careful, the advertised low price for such is only if you buy their tires but this is in kind of small print. I bitched and they lowered it after a fight). We've put about 3-4k on the new tires and so far all seems good.

TwoBrewDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #22
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
Also, take a look at all of your suspension components and make sure the shackles of that axle are in the same direction as the others. Every once in a while from a bad bounce, pot hole, curb or whatever, the spring inverts the shackle orientation on one axle, could either be front or rear of the wheel, causing a worn tire in in that one spot.
When I replaced the springs I also installed EZ Flex equilizers and wet bolts.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote