Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Bradenton -Anna Marie Island, FL???

Any recommendations in that immediate area for about 4 days?

Thanks,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Fort Desoto in the mouth of the bay is nice, but a little tight for me to get into with my rig, also has low hanging trees you have to be careful of. I live in Bradenton and can check out some places for you. There's a very nice Encore at SR 64 at I75 and about 9 miles east of I75 on SR 64 is Lake Manatee State Park. What type of place and entertainment are you looking for?
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
PJ, There are quite a few places and I will let Craig handle that for you as he lives in that area. I would still at least check out Ft Desoto. Desoto has got to be one of the most beautiful campgrounds in the area.

Craig is correct when he says they have some low hanging trees on the roads getting in there but I have seen some 5ers like ours in there.

Fort Desoto Park

AND if you do come into the area let us know. Maybe we can get one of them MINI Rallys they been talking about. Desoto is in southern Pinellas County and I winter in central Pinellas county and Craig is just a short distance away in Bradenton which is just accross the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. The Sunshine Skyway is also a bridge you do not want to miss.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Thanks for the info.....the rig will be near Tampa, and we are just in the Bradenton area for a few days, to attend a school reunion thing. Scheduled to be on A M I at a resort for that function. Complication is Scooter The Wonder Dog, and the resort will not allow pets, so we are shopping around for alternatives. Also looking for a good "doggie motel" for Scooter as "Plan A". Info/recommendations appreciated..

Thanks,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
I put my dog in jail at "the Pet Clinic" which is owned and operated by a veternarian. They take good care of their inmates, but if you stay in either Lake Manatee SP or Encore, there's no need to jail Scooter.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
PJ,
I have stayed at DeSoto and it is a great park. Primo beaches and they do have one section for pets. The times I went there I had an 04 3455RL and did not have any problems. The website can be found with a Google search for Pinellas County Parks. Hope you get someplace and enjoy yourselves.
Dee
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote