Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Father's Day on the lighter side...

Personally, I think one of the greatest things about marriage is that as both husband and father, I can say anything I want to around the house. Of course, no one pays the least bit of attention.

In the frozen foods department of our local grocery store, I noticed a man shopping with his son. As I walked by, he checked something off his list, and I heard him whisper conspiratorially to the child, "You know, if we really mess this up, we'll never have to do it again."

A company held a contest for kids with the theme: "The nicest thing My Father Ever Did For Me." One kid answered "He married my mother."

"Fathers are the geniuses of the house because only a person as intelligent as we could fake such stupidity. Think about your father: He doesn't know where anything is. You ask him to do something, he messes it up and your mother sends you: "Go down and see what your father's doing before he blows up the house." He's a genius at work because he doesn't want to do it, and he knows someone will be coming soon to stop him." -- Bill Cosby

Did You Know?

There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other day of the year.

An estimated $1 billion is spent each year in the United States for Father's Day gifts, but Dad is still paying the bill when it comes to telephone calls from the kids. Father's Day ranks #1 for the day that the most collect calls are made, according to AT&T. But dads receive far fewer greeting cards than moms. About 140 million moms receive cards for Mother's Day, compared to just 90 million dads getting Father's Day cards.

According to the latest Census Bureau figures, there are roughly 36 million dads with kids under age 18 in the U.S. But not all offspring are leaving the nest at adulthood. There are nearly 1 million fathers who are still providing room and board for their kids aged 18 to 24.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote