Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2006, 01:30 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We ordered an EVDO card and router

After much consideration regarding which system to buy, we ordered a Kyocera 650 aircard and KR1 router, which is new on the market. The aircard goes into the router and provides us with a wireless system that will support all our computers. Good thing, since I didn't read the small print and found out that my Dell Inspiron 6000 isn't compatible with the card. But we can use it with the router. And Glen is in the market for a new laptop that I will use while we're driving down the highway (he doesn't know that yet!). This setup will be delivered after April 20th so I will give you an update after we're up and running. We're (I am, anyway) excited about this setup and expect it to work both at the house and while we travel. Verizon's coverage is getting better and better so this will enable us to have WiFi and connection to the Forum even in many rural campgrounds.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:12 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Can't wait to hear how this works Judy. Be sure to let us know.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:56 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Will do, Helen. I've sent an email to Verizon to see if they have an answer as to why your emails arrive blank. Maybe they'll have an answer.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:20 AM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I just saw the issue about "blank" e-mails. It may be a setting on one end or the other where the message is (or is not) sent in HTML format. It seems some mail programs will allow messages to be sent in HTML while others may not allow HTML to be received. "Plain Text" is just that - plain old text - no choices of size, boldness, color, etc. There are only a few major diffences I know of between "rich text format" and HTML (how they handle attachments - imbedded vs. icons, animated GIFs will not work with rich text, etc.). One of you may explore your settings if you are willing to change what you have. I have all my e-mails (home and at work) to be sent as HTML and received as HTML (if sent that way). Of course it will receive however the other folks sent it.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:36 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for that info, VanMan. I seem to get other emails okay, lots of graphics, etc, but those from Helen come through blank, unless it is just text. I think she mentioned that emails to her children come through blank also.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:43 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy, you are the only one that has mentioned that my e-mails are blank. I use incrediMail for our e-mail. I have a choice to enable plain text which I have not checked. Maybe VanMan can tell me where to find the option of HTML. I really don't know where to look. The ones you are not getting Judy are the ones that have attachments that I have forwarded to you. These are the ones that I have to click the attachment to open when I receive it. Make any sense?
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I don't use Incredimail, but I did find this on a "Google" Search:

IncrediMail
IncrediMail uses settings of Outlook Express, so your e-mail client should be already set properly by default

How to enable HTML Formatting in Outlook Express
To activate HTML format of the Mail Sending Format option in MS Outlook Express, follow these steps:
- From the Tools menu select Options
- Select Send tab
- Choose HTML in the Mail Sending Format
- Click HTML settings
- Check Send pictures with messages

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, that's interesting. Helen, I misunderstood and thought that your children had some trouble receiving images in emails. I changed a setting in Outlook Express so we'll have to see if that improves anything. I've gotten other emails that didn't show images so maybe this is the answer. Thanks, everyone, for your help.