Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #21
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Have aupdate on ice maker in washer/dryer closet.It doesn`t work their YUK.Plugged it in when we set up camp.Checked it about 1/2 hour later and NO ice.I thought great this thing is already broke.So I took it out and placed it on the floor next to the island kitchen.It started to make ice(thank goodness)I`am guessing their isn`t enough air cirualting in the closet for the ice maker.Looks like this will be my spot for the ice maker.Its not really in the way.And doesn`t move while traveling.This use to be the spot where we kept the dishes for the dog,but will relocate them to another spot.

I think I remeber seeing that it draws 2. some thing amps.I`ve also noticed that if the AC is running,and the fridge is on electric and the hot water heater is on electric I will trip a breaker once in a while.I put the heater on propane and never triped one since.This is with the toaster and coffee maker running as well.I do have the FAKE 50 amp service.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #22
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Saw one at HD the other day for 180. It looked like an ok unit. Have to check it out later.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #23
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

Have aupdate on ice maker in washer/dryer closet.It doesn`t work their YUK.Plugged it in when we set up camp.Checked it about 1/2 hour later and NO ice.I thought great this thing is already broke.So I took it out and placed it on the floor next to the island kitchen.It started to make ice(thank goodness)I`am guessing their isn`t enough air cirualting in the closet for the ice maker.Looks like this will be my spot for the ice maker.Its not really in the way.And doesn`t move while traveling.This use to be the spot where we kept the dishes for the dog,but will relocate them to another spot.

I think I remeber seeing that it draws 2. some thing amps.I`ve also noticed that if the AC is running,and the fridge is on electric and the hot water heater is on electric I will trip a breaker once in a while.I put the heater on propane and never triped one since.This is with the toaster and coffee maker running as well.I do have the FAKE 50 amp service.
I am really sorry to see that the ice maker does not work properly in the washer/dryer closet. Thanks for giving it a try and passing on the results.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #24
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
try tunpentown web site. Google it.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:49 AM   #25
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Found one at Home Depot. $180. Nice and compact. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:51 AM   #26
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Oops, sorry pushed the button before I was finished. What I wanted to say was, "also you have to ask them for it, I found it in the back of the store by the bathroom fixtures. Every stores stock is placed different so just ask them and they will find it for you. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:11 AM   #27
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
We bought the same brand as yours, but we paid $198 for ours on sale. Sounds like you got a better buy. We found ours on the internet..We put ours in the washer and dryer closet since we don't plan on getting one right now. They work real well but I notice kind of a warm smell when the door was shut so I opened up the vent for the dryer
Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #28
guru1961
Established Member

M.O.C. #4540
Send a message via Yahoo to guru1961
Wife and I bought an Avanti 2.2 cu ft freezer for $148 + $40 shipping. This freezer is small enough to fit in the basement during travel. We have it beside the dining table in one of the chair spots, storing the chair in the basement.It will fit under the fifth wheel area if you rather it be outside, manual says to keep away from direct sunlight. You can see them at www.avantiproducts.com. This allows us purchase meat/ice cream at our convenience. It has drain plug to use when readying it for travel.
guru1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #29
Buddin
Established Member

M.O.C. #818
Bought our portble ice maker at HP for $180. Tried it out last week for the first time. Bought ice for the cooler first night, after that kept the cooler full with ice from the portable ice maker. I was surprised how fast and how much ice it made. I would buy it again!
Buddin is offline   Reply With Quote