Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We're going to Montana too!

Yeppers we're leaving July 3rd really early and going to try and make it to Eureka on July 5th by early evening. We are taking a totally different route than we did before. We're going south and west to Des Moines and then up to South Dakota into Wyoming and then into Montana. A little nervous and a lot excited.

I think the route we are taking is the one Judy was questioning or close to it. I read this evening where she said the roads in Iowa are really bumpy. Bummer. We won't be able to get a new pin box until at least September if then.

We will be leaving to come back home on the morning of July 14th. We had originally planned to be gone all month but that went to the way side a while ago. Last week we were going to Colorado and this week Montana! Dick's Mom is going to meet us there and spend a day or two with us while she is visiting childhood friends in Missoula.

I think quite a bit of MOC members are going to be in Montana sometime during the month of July. Even though it's a big, well huge state if you see a Big Sky with a Blue Chevy Silverado HD give us the double flash of lights, we'll flash back if Dick is quick enough to catch it.

Take care all and have a fantabulous summer!

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Glad you're going to Montana. It'll be a great trip. Did you get the BS fixed? Or are you only going to go where there is no rain.

If you use your generator on this trip you'll get a better idea of the noise level. Hardly fair to test it at an auto race sitting right next to the track!

Sounds like you'll be headed out on I-90 after you get past Des Moines. That should move you along just fine. If you're looking for a place to stop somewhere around the Battle of the Little Big Horn area then we'd suggest a park called "The 7th Ranch". It's a relatively new park but really a nice one. Some really nice folks run it. Enjoy your trip.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
If you happen to end up on the more northern route, I-94, the Theodore Roosevelt Nat Park and Medora ND, right on the Montana border, is well worth a couple of days. There are a couple of adequate RV parks in Medora, as well as a big "revue" type of show and BBQ attraction. Summer population is around 4000, winter is around 300. Really neat golf course just built in the last couple of years...unbelievable that it could be so green yet be in the middle of the Badlands. The Nat park is really interesting and good for a couple of days exploration.

Have a safe trip!

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Patty, the roads in Iowa are bumpy but certainly not all of them. Trouble is that you don't know which ones are bad until you're driving on them. Even with our new TrailAir hitch, I was literally holding on when we drove over some of them. We primarily took two lane roads so maybe the interstate will be better. We have decided to take I-90 across Montana, leaving Friday morning, July 1st, from eastern Nebraska. We won't do much sightseeing until we get close to Flathead Lake where we have a reservation on July 5th. Maybe we'll see some of those Montys on the road.

We have a problem getting those lights blinked when we see a Monty. Too slow, I guess.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Patty, I just plotted Eureka on my Streets and Trips and you about an hour north of our campground near Kalispell and on our route to Radium Springs. Maybe we can meet for coffee or lunch after we get on the road on July 8th. We'd love to meet you guys.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:28 AM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I would love to meet up with you guys too. Eureka is just 7 miles south of the Canadian border where I think you'll be going to enter Canada by the information in your above post. If you e-mail me we can exchange phone numbers.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds great, Patty, we'll be in touch.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yeah!

Patty, can you talk Dick into doing just 68 miles the first day?? That's how far it is down US 93 from Eureka to Hungry Horse. We arrive in Hungry Horse the day you leave Eureka, 7/14! But we won't be there until afternoon sometime. Let me know your route, maybe we'll see you along the road, depending on your route. We'll be coming up US 93 all day.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:19 PM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You just need to come a week early, Steve, so we can have a reunion.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Or you could stay a week longer! We're emailing with Patty trying to work something out but we may just miss them.

We have met you folks, of course, and also Patty and Dick. I think you'll all like each other. All very nice people we count among our friends.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote