Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #21
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

BTW when you figure out how that Jensen DVD actually works in the outside entertainment I would live to chat! Lol. I am pretty smart but it even has our expert Kid perplexed! Lol
E-mail sent

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
Lynn Buchanan

M.O.C. #12648
Send a message via MSN to Lynn Buchanan
We just brought home our new 2012 Montana High Country Model 343RL last Friday. Got lots of manuals. The instructions for the fireplace seemed to be written by someone who used English as a second language. My husband read it, re-read it, and then informed me he thought he was having a stroke because nothing made sense. He handed the paper to me and I read the first sentence and knew he wasn't having a stroke. Did our shakedown outing at our local fairgrounds campgrounds on July 4th and took in the fireworks. Won't need the fireplace till after Nov. so we are still poking around on the remote control for the fireplace. Looking forward to all the help this forum will give us.
Lynn Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #23
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lynn Buchanan

We just brought home our new 2012 Montana High Country Model 343RL last Friday. Got lots of manuals. The instructions for the fireplace seemed to be written by someone who used English as a second language. My husband read it, re-read it, and then informed me he thought he was having a stroke because nothing made sense. He handed the paper to me and I read the first sentence and knew he wasn't having a stroke. Did our shakedown outing at our local fairgrounds campgrounds on July 4th and took in the fireworks. Won't need the fireplace till after Nov. so we are still poking around on the remote control for the fireplace. Looking forward to all the help this forum will give us.
Hi Lynn,

LOL - I don't know which is worse - no manual at all, or one you can't read anyway because it is broken English!

I know on the fireplace from our walkthrough, it has to be turned on AT the fireplace somewhere in order for the remote to be able to turn it off and on. Then the heat adjusts, and the intensity of the "flame". Also, don't forget it's all 110 so won't work if you are dry camping (no insult intended, I do this once in a while and can't figure out why something is not turning on )
Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #24
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
I know on the fireplace from our walkthrough, it has to be turned on AT the fireplace somewhere in order for the remote to be able to turn it off and on. Then the heat adjusts, and the intensity of the "flame".

WHAT??? You have a remote for the fireplace??? Aw mannnnn....I have to actually get up and go do everything manually. And, to make it worse, on the old 3400 fireplace, the controls were at the top. The new one, they are on the bottom, right at floor level. I'm getting good with feeling for the on/off button with my toe!!!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #25
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Theres one thing I wish I had done on our walk thru... and thats video record everything they were telling us. IF by chance anyone has a copy and would share I would be more than grateful. Even pay for it.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #26
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I'm still freaked by a remote for the fireplace, does it add the wood also? I haven't even figured out the remotes for the TV and DVD player yet.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we have not yet touched our remote for fear we will never be able to turn off our scare light.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
LOL it's pretty funny when you're trailer is light years ahead of your stick and brick with technology! No remote control fireplace in our house, that's for sure. No convection oven in the house. And we still have our TV from 1994 - huge, heavy old beast - and our new trailer has THREE LCD TVs!!

Old 07-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #29
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Our came loaded with manuals and a couple of instructional DVD's. One handy hint, Three ring binder(it takes a big binder to hold them all) and 3 hole punch. Organize and keep in trailer.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #30
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grayghost03

Our came loaded with manuals and a couple of instructional DVD's. One handy hint, Three ring binder(it takes a big binder to hold them all) and 3 hole punch. Organize and keep in trailer.
DVDs! What did those cover?? I'd rather catch the movie than do all that reading!

Old 07-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
DVD's were great (top 10 in 2012, I'm kidding here) They covered axles, brakes and wheel torque and care, and no, I'm not kidding here. On the positive side I did learn how to operate the fireplace by remote, and unlike Rich, I do use the remote. I do however find my scare lights on mysteriously after I do.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Wow John, no such DVD's for us. I think I'll try to call Keystone and see about getting them.

Thanks for the info!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #33
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
I'll open up the unit tomorrow and get the info off the DVD's for ya, I'm sure they have some kind of number system.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #34
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:

I'll open up the unit tomorrow and get the info off the DVD's for ya, I'm sure they have some kind of number system.
Thanks John! I really appreciate that.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #35
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Got the High Country opened up this am, One is by Keystone, Wheel and maintenance, the other is Lippert, Axle, Hubs and brakes, this one is really generic and appears to be Alittle outdated. One thing I will say, the dealer left nothing out of this unit. Every piece of paper work, 2 manual slide motor addapters, six ice trays (takes four to run through the blender for a good couple of Margaritas) The only thing on the list that was not included was Level up and gen-not on this unit, and the slide information was a brief handout, I down loaded the complete manual off the web.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:

Got the High Country opened up this am, One is by Keystone, Wheel and maintenance, the other is Lippert, Axle, Hubs and brakes, this one is really generic and appears to be Alittle outdated. One thing I will say, the dealer left nothing out of this unit. Every piece of paper work, 2 manual slide motor addapters, six ice trays (takes four to run through the blender for a good couple of Margaritas) The only thing on the list that was not included was Level up and gen-not on this unit, and the slide information was a brief handout, I down loaded the complete manual off the web.
John, thanks again for checking on that for me!

I'm going to call Keystone Monday and see about getting those. I did get the slide motor adapters - thanks to the forum - I wouldn't have known what they were for before reading it on here! I think we only got four ice trays, two on each side...

I think the old saying careful what you wish for.... is going to get me, because once I get all these manuals it is going to take me a year just to read them all!

Thanks again, and enjoy those margaritas next time you're out camping