Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 AM   #1
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
CampclubUSA???

Does anyone belong to this club and if so what have your experiences been. We are considering it. Bob & Karen

PS: Any news from anyone, belonging or not, will be welcome.

ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
While attending the Tampa RV show this past week and visiting CampingWorld's large area, the saleslady handed us a CampClubUSA Directory. It has over 700 campgrounds listed and also Woodall ratings in them with GPS coordinates. I thought it was part of belonging to CampingWorld but appears separate @$49.95 membership per year. It offers up to 50% off at those campgrounds listed. Other than that I'm just not sure if it's a good investment yet.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
robb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6238
We had this for one year, In that year we did not find ONE CG that would honor it.
We traveled over 15,000 miles that year.

Robb & Carole

2007 3400RL
1999 Volvo 610 pickup
robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
We have been a member for almost a year--they guaranteed that we would save the cost in a years time or get our money back. we have saved that much in the three nights we were able to use it. Plan on using it again next month.

they added about 200 campgrounds in the last year
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We were members for one year and used it at 3 or 4 different campgrounds (Texas and Colorado). Without a doubt, saved more than the cost of the membership. Never had any difficulty in getting the campground to honor the membership. I dislike, just a bit, feeling like a 'second class citizen', though I have to admit that is more in my mind than in anything that happened.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I use PassPort America. Had looked at CampClub but decided that Passport America has been around for many many years and CampClub was just another new comer trying to copy what Passport already had. Had a few friends join. 2 were very disappointed and the 3rd is still undecide but he only gets on the road a couple of weeks a year.
I'm sticking with Passport America.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Thanks for the input folks. We have decided to try it. Our next trip, hopefully, will be in about 2 months and the route will take us through several of the clubs parks. Should break even on the fourth night (second night will not be anywhere near one of the club camps). Thanks again. Bob & Karen
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
I don't think you will be disappointed with your decission. We have joined Good Sam, Passport American and Campclub USA and all 3 paid for themselves in 2007. We won't go very far out of our way to stay at any park so that does narrow our choices. We have also seen some of the campgrounds that we would not stay at for more than a night or two. But it only takes a few nights to pay for itself. We are staying at one in the Keys next month and we will save $120 in just 4 nights. So we will be renewing all of them this year.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
also if you go to the CampClub website there is a place to ask for routing and they will show you the campgrounds that participate within whatever distance from the route you enter.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote