Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
It would be my luck that they would steal a truck that looks like mine, back in and hook up to the Hanna when we were not there, and haul off. Yes, I have a pin lock, and a pin stabilizer, but those are just determents for the honest folk. I guess I'm just a pessimist.

Hey! If they want it they are going to take it. That's what the insurance is for. I'll get over the bad feeling in a short period of time.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 AM   #22
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Can I throw some more questions here? I have a new ford 500 with micro chip in the key so even if I had a key made,the car will not start unless there is a chip in the key. The only way I been told if I have lost the keys and can not get any other key to work the car has to go to the dealer and they have to get into the computer and reprogram it to fit the new code in a new chip. So if you have a new truck and you have a chip in the key I think you will be safe. Some thief's just load them onto a wrecker and haul them away to there place and do what they need to. Keys and locks just keep the honest people honest. If they want to steal it,its gone. Just like the movie says GONE IN 60 SECONDS.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #23
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
In regards to that key with the chip...I was told...and again I heard it so I have no way of knowing if its a fact...... if someone was to run a strong magnet over that key it would destroy the info in it,,,as well... the keypad entry locks on the doors of some vehicles...if the magnet was used on them it would destroy the memory....can anyone clarify that for me....???
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #24
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I wish I had the chip in the F-350 2005 King Ranch. Can't understand why ford did not put one in their Diesels that year. Any other years without the chip?

I do have the Viper security system installed with remote start. The key fob with that system will chirp at me until I reset it. That lets me know that the alarm went off on the TV. It also disables the vehicle. That can all be gotten around by the smart theif, but at least I'll be alerted if the alarm goes off. Then its me, S&W 40, and them.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote