Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Friends of ours purchased a manufactured home, it was built to tow down the highway, with the temp axles and tires and stuff, at 55 MPH, guaranteed to not break apart, even on Michigan roads. Amazingly, pretty much that was true. They had very little interior drywall, YES, DRYWALL, repair to do after it was put on the foundation by crane.

All that said, it came in 12 foot wide sections, aka, 2 long pieces, tied together on site.

Al and I are looking at this again, there is a garage, which must be 21 to 24 foot in debth. SOOO, this is probably 24 foot wide, are they really gonna tow something 24 foot wide?

OKKK Tom, did you take these photos, OR, find them on the net?? Without being insulting to Tom, but has anyone looked at Snopes for this, and/or, Tom, we know you are ONE very very very talented dude, with a knife/wood/birds. Did you get real good at Photo Shop too??

What a hoot, sure a great conversation starter!!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 AM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

I dont' see any frame flex in this model.
I do, Doug. Look closely at the roof in the middle. Looks a little wrinkled...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:01 AM   #23
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
And the deflection at the edge of the garage on the rear view. I believe the entire structure is sitting on a steel frame used for transport is why there is no window damage, major flexing, etc. If someone could Photoshop that well, I see career possibilities!! The interior photos would be interesting, since the entire thing had to fall the distance of the wheels anyway. That would jar some Old-world craftsman cabinet doors loose, I am sure!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 AM   #24
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carol,

I first saw these pics on the Escapees Forum. Don't know who actually took the pics. Or even if they are real. They certainly look real. But then I' no expert on telling the difference between a doctored photo and a real one. But it is and interesting set of photos and as you stated a real conversation starter!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #25
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Carol, I didnt take the pics, they were sent to me from a good friend via e-mail. So dunno if they real or not, but sure looks real. I have seen "framed" houses being moved before, and they block off the road. But this one does look like a modular home.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 AM   #26
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Wondering if thise one wasn't someone's home being moved from one site to another; There used to be a house just north of I-70 east of Wamego, KS. A couple of years ago it was moved by a 'moving' company that lifted it from its foundations and put it on steel beams with multiple tires -- moved it about a mile up the road to another location out of the way of road improvements.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote