Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 06:28 PM   #21
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
Yes the molding is attached by nail gun. You use a pry bar to gradually separate the molding from the slide. I don't think you'd have room to work without removing molding.

I wonder how you get a slide in if a cable breaks. My slide would not come in evenly and was concerned it would stress the slide box.

DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #22
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
... I have the 2018 3721RL model which has the cable system on the front bedroom and hallway. It is a long super-slide... I

In looking at the slide, naturally that long facia has to come off to simply get to the motor if you were going to do the manual operation....
I have the original,even longer, super slide version so I can sympathize with you. You don't have to remove the fascia to operate the motor with the supplied flex tool. But with only a inch of clearance on each end of the slide, removing the fascia is the only way to access the pulleys. Mine is nailed and has been off numerous times (5 cable breaks so far).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote