Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
Montana_6122

M.O.C. #6122
Wrecked Our Monty Part II

Well folks it has been a week since our mishap and I would like to start by thanking all of you for your kind thoughts and encouragement.

Things have moved quickly through our insurance company (AAA)and so far we a very pleased. They totaled the Monty (2006 2955RL) but the TV can be repaired, I pretty much agree with their finding. We have not yet been given a settlement amount but they have been calling around to the dealers checking replacement cost, I guess that explains why I've gotten calls from every RV salesman in Central California expressing their heartfelt regreats and the offer of a great deal for the replacement.

We very much like the layout of this model plus I am still impressed with the integrity of the interior equipment of the Monty after experiencing the collision and roll over.

We have looked at the Heartland Bighorns in the same size class and they have some very nice features, anybody had any experience with these unit?

We should have our settlement info early next week so we'll update as things progress.

Montana_6122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
While not familiar with the Bighorns, we did shop the Sundance. They seem to very nice and well built. If we had not already seen the Monties we would have put them at the top of our list. Heartland is only three years old so there probably is not a lot of experience out there. Hope you find the perfect trailer.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I can't help you with any information about Heartland Bighorns, but I am glad to see that your insurance company is acting so quickly.

Are you choosing to try to collect from your own policy instead of the Mustangs?

I posted about possible medical problems further down the road. I hope that you don't have a need for insuranc coverage, but it is good to keep that portion of your loss open.

Good luck with your insurance loss.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
Montana_6122

M.O.C. #6122
Our insurance takesthe lead then goes after the Mustang guy...We're leaving the medical open.
Montana_6122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Glad to hear things are progressing along for you. We have looked at the Big Horn and was impressed with it - loved the huge closet, not so much the basement storage being completely open (easy fix). We had less choices when we were first looking for a 5ver - no Big Horn (too new or now out), Cardinal, etc. in town but fell in love with the Monty and looking to buy another one. Good luck in a replacement so you can return to rving enjoyment.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:27 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad things are working out for you. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and hope you have a Happy New Montana or other unit.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #7
Mels Musty Music
Established Member

M.O.C. #1044
Sent you a PM about the Bighorn's
Mels Musty Music is offline   Reply With Quote