Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Jim and Carolyn

M.O.C. #2390
Asthma Problems

Each time our daughter comes to visit us in our 2004 Montana, she has asthma problems. We put a small air filter in the living room and that seems to help a little. She had this same problem with other campers we have had. We have eliminated most of the possibilities - as far as things we have brought to the camper. Any suggestions as to what's causing it or how to alleviate it?

Jim and Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
It could be all the glues and construction materials used in the RV industry, My wife has asthma also but the RV doesnt seem to bother her, it's poland and cut grass that gets her.
Good luck in finding a answer.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
If I remember correctly, there was a thread sometime ago about the Formaldehyde in the glue used in the manufacture of RVs effected some people. Maybe your daughter is sensitive to the Formaldehyde.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I use an Oreck air purifier in the bedroom to help me sleep better at night. Rather pricey, but it might be worth a try. Contact an Oreck dealer or che ck E=bay....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I have had asthma all my life and I bet she gets it almost every time she goes into a strange(not accustomed to) dwelling, office or whatever. Buy the best Hepa filter you can afford and turn it on a couple of hours before she gets there. Also vacuum and dust more frequently than normal. I had to get used to ours and now am fine.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Jim and Carolyn,

Not trying to offend or sound indifferent, but my suggestion would be for your daughter to seek medical assistance, in keeping with her visit to your Montana. Accepting that she has been diagnosed with asthma, it maybe beneficial if she seek help in narrowing down specifics to her environment, etc., from driving, flying to your residence to pets, etc. Your daughter's asthma may be similar to the responses you get here, but you will end up trying all kinds of offered remedies and solutions that while helpful, applied to the writer and not your daughter. Just my thought. I sincerely hope she gets better.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Having raised a son with asthma I think Dennis and Judy's advice is sound. The allergy triggers for asthma are varied and variable. Not all are typical allergens. For example cold air is a common trigger for attacks. The good news is that many childhood asthmatics stop or have less serious/frequent attacks as they mature.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote