Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #21
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
Rich, I must to be stress up by the long winter, gas prices and all the other stuff going on right now. My wife and I we are working
full time jobs and in my opinion we have decent salary, but it is harder and harder to keep head above the water specially here on
Long Island. My dream was to take a nice trip out west to see this great and a beautifully country, but with this fuel prices we have
to stay locally. In my opinion all our government representative are lying to us and sold them self to lobbyist and big business.
As for now I don't see anybody I could vote for.

Jerzy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
The short answer, believe it or not some of us have worked long and hard to be Fat Cats as you said. I see were a barrel of oil is back down to $110.00 this afternoon. Will Diesel go down I don't think so. DW last night set our budget at $600.00 a month for Diesel, when we get there we stop. We are saving for out trip in June now. Oil is what runs our economy, not the stock market. I got out of there several years ago. It was just paper, it was the dumbest thing I did by going there. When you have all these young studs playing with your money your in trouble. Just look at the oil, they are running around guessing what oil will be next month, they don't have a clue, but they are playing with someone else's money. Its just as bad as gambling. Its just a game. If you like paying $5.00 a gallon for Diesel, set on you back side and do nothing and keep electing the dummys in congress. Not me if you vote to raise taxes, I will not vote for you, until you start making the right decisions were you spend my money. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #23
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
My monthly fuel bill stands at $750 for three cars ( Ford F250, Honda Accord and Nissan Sentra) used only to go to school and work.
All I can say bye bye dinners out , shopping malls, Costco, Lowe's even Walmart.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our budget price for diesel at the beginning of the year was 4.02. It is 4.039 today but we are still under budget because it has been under that till this time.. We still have Dollars in our fuel budget.

I will no longer kid around about taxes and such and I can not believe that anyone would take me seriously when I have already said I was just being sarcastic. To sensitive a subject I guess. We are of course one of those fat cats I mentioned in the previous post' me 40 years on the job..Helen 33 years. Good Federal Pensions. 401K's TSP plan..we worked long a hard and we earned every dollar we have. I am just as upset as everyone else about what is going on with the high energy prices as it diminishes our great adventure..but I will not
allow it to get the best of us..and..We will do all we can to be part of the solution and not contribute to the problem.

You can read the congressional record every day and see how your elected representitives are voting..Maybe ever keep a record for come voting day.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #25
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
It seems that once this not so honest people get in office you can't get out. This is from the Federal government down to the local governments. Not so honest people control the governments and company's. They owe who got them where they are at.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #26
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hey Rich, I kidd around more then anyone on here I guess. Its all in a discussion. One thing for sure, If We the people of this nation don't get the attention of these...no I wont use the name I was going to..lol, our senators, and our representatives Nothing sure wont get done. And I'm not sure even that will help now for I dont think from President on down (no matter which party) hascontrol. I truely believe its BIG MONEY! Always has been its just worst now. I also might be a fat cat...but even fat cats pockets are only so deep! I can still travel and live without a budget.....always have..but Nancy and I never had children (not my fault!!lol) I have been "blessed", We both worked hard all our lives, and I never lived ABOVE my means. Didnt even live "within" my means, but I lived "below" my means sometimes working two jobs, saving and investing when times were good. Owned 2 business's sucessfully, and ran business's for large companies all with only a high school education. Didnt have time for college, I had to work! lol, I am proud of those that could and did. I guess you could say I went to the school of "hard knocks". Now since I had always lived below my means, I can now live "within" my means, also sell a bird now an again to buy diesel LOL. But if I ever (an I know I can) P---s anyone off I'll buy you a cup of coffee or a brew when we meet and shake your hand! ( just be sure you washed your hand!) dang I can typed fast as a college grad! good evening!: )
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:25 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
WE vote these folks into office..WE put them there,They represent US.We had a congressman in our district some time ago that sent out a questionnaire every quarter listing what was coming up for his vote and how we felt about things. He voted according to that questionnaire and on the next questionnaire told us how he voted and what the all over results were. Now our part was to answer the questionnaire, tell him what we wanted him to do. That is how a "representative" form of Government works. We are part of the process.We need to be involved. Now majority rules so if we are in the minority that does not mean the system did not work. We worked a few years at the polls on election days and it is shocking at how many of us are not involved..A huge number of folks do not exercise our right to vote and be involved in our Government. It is our Government..not "theirs" we allow "Them" to do what "they" do..We are in control..if we take the time and trouble to be involved.

A National election is coming up. Did you vote in the primaries..Do you know what the candidates platform is. Do you understand the parties platform. Will you vote in the national election. If you have not... or will not..you are part of the problem.
You are correct Tom..We who worked long and hard deserve to be able to enjoy what we worked so hard for.

We worked within the system, We studied the markets, Commodities, we invested within the system. We cast our votes with a education in what we were voting for. We did not always get our way..Majority rules. There are ups and downs but that does not discourage us..Now with all due respect...The weakest part of our system...is .. the individual who will not be involved.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 AM   #28
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
The new 300,000 barrel a day refinery to be built here was to be initially designed to produce 60% diesel and 40% gasoline. The developers announced last week they will now produce 80% diesel due to the world demand driven by European conversion to ULSD diesel vehicles at a record pace. They also noted that they see their market as being Europe not NA. There is actually a world surplus of gas.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
eztraveler2000
Established Member

M.O.C. #1441
I think that the time is now to vote out all the incumbents and continue doing that until they realize that they work for us at our pleasure. They have gotten to too powerful and lined their pockets because we Americans don't take interest in the way things are run in their states and in Washington. Remember that the majority of legislators are lawyers and they are educated on how to be crooked. I really think that they need a wakeup call to let them know that if they don't stop working to better themselves, the lobbyists and big business such as the oil companies and start bettering our lives that they can and will be replaced after each term until they get it right. It's the only weapon we have against them short of a revolution. We just got rid of Spitzer here in N.Y. thank god because he got with his zipper down. Patterson may not be much better but we have to give him a chance.
eztraveler2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 AM   #30
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by eztraveler2000

We just got rid of Spitzer here in N.Y. thank god because he got (caught) with his zipper down. Patterson may not be much better but we have to give him a chance.
Seems Patterson had his zipper down more times than Spitzer ever did. The truth is that is these gents were conservatives, they'd have had such a rectal exam by the media before even running for office and Patterson would not be New York's governor today.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 AM   #31
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Just curious, when you mention incumbents - it's been our feeling that the number of terms for our representatives should be limited - it's amazing that some of these people keep getting re-elected, no matter what they do while in office!! And I wholeheartedly agree that we should all do our homework and be involved in what's happening.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #32
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Guess you all noticed that crude oil prices dropped the last couple days. I also guess you notice any diesel prices dropping? lol!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #33
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
Virgil, I think to this point we were to "busy" to pay attention what really our representative's agenda is, because things
were going OK here until now. Now is the whole different story, but there is nobody out there who really is connected with the
problems of the middle class and what direction our country heading.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #34
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tom41

Guess you all noticed that crude oil prices dropped the last couple days. I also guess you notice any diesel prices dropping? lol!
Yep, our HEB gas station is down to $3.79 this afternoon.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #35
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Delaine and Lindy, I noticed your comment about a monthly budget for diesel. We also budget xxx dollars per month for diesel. What I'm finding is some months we need more (more travel days, usually) and other months we use less. So in those months where we use less, I just carry the difference into the fuel budget for the next month. In other words, using your 650 dollars number, if we use only 400 worth this month, the extra 250 is added onto the 650 next month giving us 900 for diesel next month. Where this helps is when we are taking a slow trip, for example, to New England, from Kansas City. We have several stops enroute over several months. But when we need to be back in KC, we'll have a bunch of travel days to get there. That would crater the fuel budget for that month if I didn't carry forward unused fuel budget from month to month.

Tom41, cost for a barrel of oil went down but diesel here went up to over $4/gallon. The "cheap" station went from 3.799 to 4.059 in two days.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 AM   #36
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do much the same as Steve S. At the beginning of our travel year we came up with a all over travel budget and added a 20% COL figure to every category. Our fuel budget was at 4.03 per gallon.(we got there this week) We use Quicken as our accounting program (it is simple to use) and every item has a category. We can account for every dollar we spend at any time.We can track where we are spending and move funds around or cut funds if need be with ease. We are under our budget right now and looking good. Any monies that we make such as my bus driving and Helen's Disney work become part of the travel budget.