Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
sailmfast

M.O.C. #8135
Greetings

Hello

I confess, I actually found this forum a while back but didn't have the time to look into it. I'm glad I came back. I happen to be a big fan of forums as a way to increase my knowledge on a subject from those who do the work or actually use/own the product. I think I have read well over half of the posts out there and am convinced this is a resource that I will use and hopefully be able to contribute to. The knowledge and experience is impressive.

Having said that:

I have been camping all my life, talked my wife into it about 15 years ago. My kids, 13,10 and 7 have been going since their first weeks. Plan to retire as full-timers but thats a ways away.

I look forward to the input and advice and hope to be able to offer some in return.

sailmfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Welcome to the forum Sailmfast! This is a great forum and you will learn many things here and laugh so hard it hurts! We have had several RV's and this group is, by far, the best around!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Welcome to the forum, lots of good folks and good information splattered all over these pages.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Hi Sailmfast. Welcome to the forum. I, too, am retired from your profession. This forum is full of fine information and great people.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Welcome sailmfast. Don't hesitate to join in posting on the best forum on the web. Answers, advice, hints, repair help and good camaraderie to boot.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:28 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Sailmfast,

Welcome to the MOC. Please don't hesitate to share your RVing expertise with the group.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Welcome to the forum and you are right, this is a great place for information about your Montana. There is also a lot expertise about the RV world in general.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Sailmfast, Welcome to the forum. You have just joined the BEST RV forum on the Internet. There are lots of NEW friends waiting to meet you and your family. There is a lots of Experience here to answer all of your questions. There are other members just waiting to draw on your experience. So jump right in and have FUN!
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well sailmfast ,,, i take it you are a sailer or want to be ,, what kind of boat do you sail john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
sailmfast

M.O.C. #8135
Thanks all for the welcome.

Sailer
Never have sailed, not to much large water in Iowa. The name just came to me one day as we were working up aliases for computer investigations. It's unique enough that I can join sites without hassle and I've just kind of hung onto it.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 AM   #11
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Welcome to the MOC! I was born in Iowa, Shenandoah. Do you know of it? We went out to Colorado for Christmas vacation to visit my grandparents when I was in 1st grade, and we ended up staying there. My dad, my sister and I went back once when I was 21. Haven't been back since, but plan to in the future. Iowa is a beautiful state that I want to go enjoy. Look forward to your posts.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #12
sailmfast

M.O.C. #8135
I'm familiar with Shanendoah but live quite a ways away (Sioux City). I agree, Iowa is a great place and certainly a great place to raise a family. I would trade for CO in a minute though. In fact we have pulled the camper to Estes Park the last three years in a row. We stay in town and spend the days in the national park. Beautiful country.