Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Lavatory Fuacet

Getting low flow from the cold water side at the bathroom sink. Hot is fine, and kitchen's work fine. Same symptoms on city or pump. Ideas or fixes?

capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
As you guessed, blockage on the cold side. I would pull the line under the sink and check for a screen with crude on it.
Glad you are home but you are missed at the Fall rally.
No water balloons.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If it's the two handle faucet ... remove the handle ... take out the valve stem. The screw on the end of the stem may have loosened and caused the washer to block flow.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
It's a 2 handle faucet (spelled right this time?!_How do I remove the valve stem? Took handle off and tried the fitting below. RH or LH thread? Don't want to break anything.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Without a photo I can't tell you exactly ... it may be a solid stem with a removable washer on the end ... or it may have a containment nut on top of a plastic body that simply pulls out once the containment nut is removed http://plumbing.about.com/od/fixture...t-Repair_4.htm
That link has about 8 pages of photos that may give you an idea of what it takes. My 3150 has a single handle with a cartridge so I can't compare. There's nothing different about an RV faucet compared to your house ... just cheaper made. If there is a nut under the handle, it should be right hand thread. If it is just a one piece stem with a washer on the end ... upon reassembly first make sure you turn the stem as if to open it all the way so you won't mess the washer up tightening it back into the faucet base.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote