Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2004, 08:28 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Rain Water/Slide Outs

I believe this may have been covered, but reading over somewhere on here, it is being discussed about criters coming in with the slide outs.

My question is-The rubber seals on the slide outs, when they are out, should the rubber around the slides that are there to protect from water coming in, should they be manually adjusted if they don't properly set right??? Or do you leave it alone?

I noticed that if I manually adjust mine, it makes some god awful squeeking noise when I bring in the slides, so this made me think that maybe I should just leave it as it goes on it's own. Of course, once I did find some rain water in the bedroom, which made me adjust the rubber anyways.

Also, just wanted to mention that I have 4 slides and only the large slide holds rain water, probably because it is sooooooooooo long. The others drain on their own.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #2
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Sue, I have not adjusted anything on the slides yet, but would some slide seal lube correct the squeeking? Just a thought, someone else here may have some better advise.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
I had just taken my coach in for the seals you are talking about. I have not hand any problems with leaking but did notice that I had to manually push the seals out as the slides were going out. This is what my service dept had to say about them. Those seals are what they call water remover seals. The only purpose is to grab water off the walls as your bring the slides in say during a rain storm, or early morning when there would still be some dew left on them. The main seals for the slides are a the back side of the slides that sit firm up against the wall when fully extended. My seals squeaked as well when the temp seemed to be above 90degrees out. The service dept put some seal lube on them and problem is gone. I still want those seals out flush when the slides are open, so as I am opening each slide I stop and use my fingers from the inside and push them out. Much easier than trying to climb ladders to get them from the outside. With all that said, according to my service dept it wont hurt the coach if they are not fully out and flat against the slide. That is not their purpose. Try some seal lube and see if that helps.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Montana Sue,
Fla Native mention leakage. I too have spoken with the service dept. and what Monatana Sky said is true, I would bet that water is coming in from the down spout behind the bottom of the seal on the side. Look at the bottom and pull the seal back and there should be a down spout. I also was told that the service dept. use to drill holes to let the water drain before it back back into the units. Montana heard the complants and took the lip off the bottom of their products.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote