Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
snow
Established Member

M.O.C. #434
Kitchen Sink Facuet

My Kitchen sink is down to a dribble.....other facuets are working fine. I remove two restrictors, and it worked fine for awhile. Then water was slow coming out and facuet was making a thumping noise, even with city water.
Finally, I was reading thru the "maintence" section here, and found out there is a third restrictor in the line that feeds water to facuet hose....removed that one and.....Wa..Laa.....water flows good again.
So, thanks for the info on the problem....saved a few bucks not having to buy a new facuet. It wasn,t to hard to get out...but on your knees and then working upside down.....but, wife is happy now....just gotta check it for a leak with city water pressure, should be fine....thanks for the info.....George

George & Joan Berlinger
Lapeer, Michigan
2011 Chevy 2500 HD./SB 6.6 Durmax Diesel
Allisin tranny, 16K Husky/Valley slider
Trailair pin
2007 Montana, 3075....3 slides

snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
WinAnne
Established Member

M.O.C. #5029
Where are the restrictors and how did you remove them?
Thanks!
Win
WinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Yes, yes ... inquiring RVers want to know!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WinAnne

Where are the restrictors and how did you remove them?
Thanks!
Win
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
X2
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I had no restricters in my lines, as a matter of fact, there should be no restricters anywhere in the water lines. There are plastic hand-tightened flare type fittings that attach to the brass fixture fittings, but they can't be removed.
The only restrictor I had was in the spout nozzle spray attachment where there is a screen. I have a 2007 as well.
I define a restrictor as a reducer in the water line making the volume of water less. Maybe we are talking about something else?
George, help us out with what you found. Maybe we have something and don't know it????
Thanks, and I am glad you resolved your situation.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sounds like it may be another screen. In any case, I must have missed the first article about this because I didn't realize there is a third one of whatever it is.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
snow
Established Member

M.O.C. #434
Hello again,
I should have said the water restrictor I took out the last time.....was a gummed-up check valve. That one was under the kitchen sink on the hose that goes to the spout. Remove hose, its in the line...had to dig it out with an awl...there was junk in there, it didn,t work properly.
There was another article about the same hose on the top side, one near arerator, and another at the end of hose there,there was a lil-plastic top hat...hole was too small...drilled it out to 1/8", made a big improvement at the time( don.t drill it out any larger), before bottom check-valve started acting up.
A lotta campgrounds have a check valve at the facuet, that takes care of backflow. We use bottle water anyway...just nice to have the facuet work....hope this helps...it can be a pain....George..
snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the update, George.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote