Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #1
Montana_655
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #655
Mountaineer improvements you would or have made

We'd like to open this topic up for modifications that either you have or would like to make to your Mountaineer TTs.

5 Goldens
04 Mountaineer 315RLS
04 Chevy Van 3500 6L 155" WB w/Lim Slip, 4.10 RA Ratio,
Reese Dual Cam, Prodigy Braking.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - "Thomas Edison"

Montana_655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #2
Coro from Maryland
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fulltimedreamer
Question for you ... I don't like the sewer hoses in the rear bumper. Has any body found a good place to mount a PVC with end caps to hold the hoses on a Mountaineer TT? Any suggestions for a good place to hang this underneath?
On my Montana 2880 I mounted it sideways near the front. Attached it with nuts and bolts thru the sheet metal floor at the rear of the front (battery) compartment. Not real strong, but it has held up fine - it is only holding a sewer hose. It is also reasonably hidden and close to the drain.
Coro from Maryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:27 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours is mounted underneath near the front and is attached with self-tapping screws into the frame in three places. I added another one just like it using off the shelf parts from Home Depot. Be sure to get the pipe with some holes on one side and mount those holes on the bottom so water will drain. I also used those holes to drill up into the frame and get the socket driver in there to mount the screws. Now I have a long hose in one pipe and a medium length in the other. I think I'm going to add a third one for the shorty I often use at dump stations.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
Gvons,

Lots of great ideas in this thread. First thing I did to our '04 305FKS was the taller Thetford toilet, then extra coat hooks on the back of the bedroom doors. Next was a piece of aircraft cable under the slide to take the spring pressure off the power cord(s). Have added several pieces of oak in the kitchen - paper towel holder under the cabinets and spice rack. Also added lexan back splash pieces on both wall surfaces behind kitchen stove top. Am in the middle of adding a 12 volt circuit to the slide out for lighting above the couch and dinette. Have the parts also for adding satelite coax to entertainment area from exterior of coach. Maxaire covers on all exterior vents and fantastic fan over the bedroom area. More in the planning stage.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote