Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
Montanan new to Montana

Just leaving in a week to pick up our new Montana 326RLT in Iowa then going to pull it up into Canada to visit relatives. Pulling with a 2003 GMC Duramax/Allison with Firestone air bags. Pulled a 2003 Keystone 26 ft 5er previously so don't anticipate too much difference except for the length. We make the 2000 mile trip every summer but this is the first time we have to pack every thing into the truck to live for three weeks, should be quite an experience!

restez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rick-- What part of Iowa are you picking up your new rig? We're in Omaha.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
In Davenport, Thompson Family RV, They sure are great people to work with and price blew all our local dealers out of the water by over a $20,000 difference.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
If you come through Omaha, give us a jingle and maybe we can have lunch or something! If you want to stick around a while we're having a MOC Rally coming up in July! You'd be able to meet some great MOC members from the Midwest and even one that is coming all the way from California to join us! I'll send you a separate email and give you our phone number incase you want to call on your way through Omaha(if you are heading our way)!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
I think Thompson is a great dealer. Our RV was well preped they had tested everyting. Followup service has been outstanding too but of course we a close by.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Gary and Carol-- Are you guys coming to the MOC Central Plains Regional Rally, July 14th -19th, at Pine Grove RV Park and Campground in Greenwood, NE? Just check'n!! You're only one State away!!

Rick-- When do you pick up your new unit? You should have no problem towing the 326RLT with your TV. The Duramax/ Allison combo will handle it!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
Thanks, yes we shouldn't have any problems. We've heard a lot of good things about Thompson RV's. We pull a lot in the mountains up here but it will be really nice to take some luxury with us. I may have to get the duramax chipped but going to try it without first.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #8
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
Oh sorry forgot, We are picking it up hopefully on Thursday June 24th if we get there on time otherwise it would be Friday morning. We are trying to pack in everything we need to spend three weeks in Canada. Quite a trick fitting all our belongings in the truck. I'm sure we will have a long list of necessities to buy once we pick it up.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Be sure you print out the PDI listings from the main page of MOC. It will save you all kinds of time and really know what to look for and what needs to checked prior to taking posession of the unit! Since mine was a used unit and I bought it from some friends we didn't need the lists but I've know many that have used them and reallly glad they did! Good luck and keep us informed. If you come through Omaha on your way to Davenport give us a jingle and maybe we can get together for coffee or whatever!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
Thanks, I will print out the lists. I Don't think we will be coming thru Omaha this time and with time constraints we wouldn't have time anyway but maybe next time. If your ever in Montana lets get together.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sounds like a deal Rick! Same goes if you're ever around Nebraska! We may see you some time yet this summer! We won't be towing the Monte however! We're heading for Annahiem, CA in August then heading up the coast to Washington State to see my brother-in-law. We just may be heading back through Montana on our way back to Nebraska. We'll let you know if we do!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
Sounds good to me too Ron, This trip is for the little lady that I stole from her family in Canada, She only gets to see them and our grandchildren a couple times a year so she is pretty adamant about where we go and what we do. We are hoping to turn this into a full time thing in a couple years, as soon as we get the new Monty paid off. Then I suppose it will be time to buy a new TV so it never ends.