Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
What's Your Favorite Thing To Do Camping?

I like to get camp setup and go to the lake and catch a mess of fish or at least try too and if I am lucky then have a fish fry with hushpuppies and bake beans. Then when it gets dark build a roaring camp fire (Away from the Montana) pull up my chair. Have something nice to drink and enjoy all the stars and talk till time to turn in. Maybe even roast some marshmallows.

Now if we are going to be in a Camp Ground with hookups then I like to go out and explore all the wonderful things that I have never seen, like maybe going to the Alamo or the Grand Canyon. These are a few things I like to do, What is yours?? In this great Country of ours there are places that I will probably never see, so maybe you can tell us what you like to do and what you have seen in your travels or if you are new to RVing what you would like to do When you get out on the road.

Linda n Walt n kookie
2003 3280RL
2004 GMC 2500 duramax 4x4
G-Great
M-Montana
C- Carrier
KOOKIE RULES!!!!
http://picturetrail.com/prariepoodle

Edited by - prariepoodle on 03/04/2004 01:31:18 AM

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
"Favorite thing to do while camping??" I suppose the sign I saw that said: "If the camper's rockin', don't bother knockin'!" pretty well says it all. :-)
A question for Flaspro: Ken, were you working at Ringpower in Ocala around the mid 80's? If so we may have met.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Pasternak

"Favorite thing to do while camping??" I suppose the sign I saw that said: "If the camper's rockin', don't bother knockin'

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #4
t1mrtork
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1744
Send a message via MSN to t1mrtork
we enjoy walking around the campsites to see and meet the other nice people that are camping for the same reason, just to get away and relax. LOVE CAMPFIRES. Nothing like sitting around the fire and talking with friends and family, roasting hot dogs and making smores. Riding around on our bikes to see some of the beautiful countrysides is also very relaxing. Sometimes its more work than i want depending on the hills.
t1mrtork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
For two self-employed people, one of whom works out of the home (me), escaping in our fifth wheel is almost a necessity and the thing that keeps us going on long work days. We don't do much on 2-day weekends except veg and try to catch up on sleep. When we are home it is never quiet as our 3 (soon to be 4) grandchildren live next door.

We do have friends we camp with a couple of times a year and head out Friday to join them. We share cooking for the weekend, try some different wines, and then play a few card games if we can stay awake after the wine.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
Montana_1843

M.O.C. #1843
My husband and I love to sit by the fire with our dog on one of our laps (65lbs.) and have a cocktail. Sometimes silence really is golden.
Montana_1843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
If we are camping at a state park, I like to fish for a while hopefully catch enough for dinner. Then walk around the campground with Buff, he loves this especially if he takes his ball with him, and look at the various RV's that are around. (Did this especially before deciding to upgrade to a 5er. This is the best way to get input on a unit before buying one. Campers are always good salespeople for RV's.) (Had a hard time deciding between the Cedar Creek & Montana, campers raved about both.)

Also like to build a fire at night, sit drinking coffee, maybe eat salted peanuts or sunflower seeds until late just taking the view of the light shimmering off the lake, gazing at the stars ( have a background in astronomy) and listening to the night sounds.

The one thing I hate about many of the private campgrounds ( KOA, Good Sams, etc.) many do not provide fire rings for campfires.
Buff doesn't like these either, there always too many barking dogs when we walk. He looks at me and wonders why they do all the barking. He also hates the leash rules, generally he avoids the leash. He wants room to play ball, especially soccer, of course he outlasts me. Often times he will attract kids in the campground to join in a friendly soccer game.

Since buying our new 5er, I also look at ways to better store items in the unit's basement and front storeage area. Also ways to make improve on what we have. Its different organizing items now than when we had our TT. Things just don't fit quite right. Seems there was more cubby holes in the TT.

Barb likes the quiet time making beaded jewelry, and scrapbooking. She isn't really the outgoing sociable type. She does like to walk around the campground when we are by a lake, but does venture out much when at a private campground. When we visit a new city or state, we much look for a scrapbooking store.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote