Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Back in Clearwater, Florida

We arrived at our winter site in Avalon RV Park this AM. Anyone desiring to pop in we are on site 237. It's a corner site and you won't miss us.

BTW-On our return from the rally we overnighted near Louisville KY. Cold enuff that I was ready to turn on the heat. We are now sitting in the rig with the AC and fans running. Hi today was 89° and some what humid. Shoulda stayed in KY.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Glenn, so your not gonna rub it in when we start shivering in a month??...ok, you will but good to know your parked, safe, and with the AC...cool but not cold!
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Glenn...it's all a matter of perspective. I have lived in Florida since 1995 and am sitting at work right now with long pants, tee-shirt, denim shirt over the tee-shirt and sweater over the denim shirt and I am still cold. Granted the AC is on, but once it goes below 90 degrees, it starts to feel cold. BTW, I barely feel the humidity....you really should be here in August if you want to judge!! Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Joanie, Been there, done that will NEVER do it again. A couple years ago I made the mistake of coming back on July 17th. Most everyday was a carbon copy of the day before. Temps in the mid to high 90s and humidity so high that if it went up one more point it would be raining.
Lorraine's niece moved down here about 20 years ago and is very acclimated to Florida. If the temp drops down to 80 she is freezing. I hope I never become acclimated to that degree as I enjoy the northeast US in May where the temps are quite often in the 30s.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We moved here from Connecticut in 1995. I love New England in the Spring. Everything is in bloom and smells so good. Unfortunately you have to go thru 7 or 8 months of hell to get to that beautiful season. I speak as an old "mailman". I work for the Post Office and delivered mail on foot in the worst of what Conn. has to offer. I'll take the heat and humidity of Florida any day over Jan thru March in New England!! Been THERE and done THAT enough...Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote