Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
How do these people survive?

How do these people survive?

1. Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets. "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the repl y. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets

2. I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider", looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

3. A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When asked what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

4. I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

5. Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?" "Just use copy machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

6. I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister." I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "cruise control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.

7. My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

8. Police in Radnor, Pa., interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

9. A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer..... Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency!

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Can't help it, but it had me..
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

A few years ago my neighbors 12 year old could not tell the time on a clock with hands. Seems the only clocks he could read were digital ones. At home all the clocks were digital as were all the ones in his school.

Also, see what happens when a teenager has to make change. If it doesn't display on the cash register they are lost.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I hope these are just jokes and not reality.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
No they are reality. Paul went to the corner store the other day to get some ears of corn. They were 3 for a dollar. There were only 5 left so I told him to get them all. The girl at the register just stood there and looked at Paul. I guess she wanted him to tell her how much to charge him. He just stood there and looked back at her. She ask'd Paul how much it would be for 5 ears.......He came home and was cracking up. He is sure that the new generation is in serious trouble. I do to. So now you know....It doesn't look good for us as old timers..LOL
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I picked up my Mother's RX at the drugstore several weeks ago. Now remember I'm 65. She asked to see my ID. I showed it to her and she (20's) said, "Oh, you don't have the same name as your Mother!"

We went to a dept of the state that registers mobil homes in Calif. to add my name to my Mother's mobile home. We had all the papers filled out and signed but knowing government I took along my Power of Attorney also. Sure enough there was another signature needed so I gave her the 3 pages of the POA document. She sat there and read (very slowly) all three pages and then said "I don't see where it covers personal property." I told her I thought that was covered under "all assets". She had to go ask someone else. They told her "of course".
Doug these are true first hand incidents.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Where did we go wrong? I do hope that we taught our children better than that. I know that the computer has changed things but we still need to know how to think things through.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Well Doug these girls were more the age of my grandchildren so I'm not going to take "credit" for this generation. I do have two granddaughters who are both smarter than either of these women however I have a grandson (15) that might be right there with them. We still have hope.
Happy trails......................
Old 11-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
"We have met the enemy and they are us".

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Oh so true Skip!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:29 PM   #10
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I love things to come out even so if something is $15.75 I will often give the cashier $20.75. They try to give my back the 75 cents because it is too much. They don't understand. I sometimes have the exact change on the counter while they are adding things and price checking and then look at me funny when they count it and it is right.

When our daughter was in school I helped in the class and was upset with the way math was being taught. I even wrote to the superintendent of schools about it. They jumped around like crazy and never mastered anything. I was told it was a better way so they would not get bored learning times tables, etc. Well now we have the result of that experiment working in the stores. They can't add or subtract without a machine.

Nancy
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by toolmanroy

I love things to come out even so if something is $15.75 I will often give the cashier $20.75. They try to give my back the 75 cents because it is too much. They don't understand.......... Nancy
Did almost exactly the same thing...

At WallyWorld, the bill came out to $8.35, I had already handed the cashier a 10 but by the time I gave her the 35 cents she had already rang up the $10 as the amount tended. All she knew was what the register displayed $1.65 change and now she has an additional 35¢s to deal with. She asked the older (30ish) cashier aside of her for help. The younger cashier did finally give me the $2.00 change but I will bet you that she was totally bewildered by what just happened.

Now here's something to think about....Some of these "DIMWITS" are our future. They are the future's politicians, lawyers, doctors, etc. These are also the same folks that will be caring for us in our old age. That's just TOO TOO Scary.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #12
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Our church has a food stand in our local community fair every year and there is a retired lady and I that love to do the cash register together. We both have a bunch of laughs when the younger generation is running the stand as the line will back up at the cash drawer as whoever is there gets backed up trying to count money and figure out how much the tray of food costs. They depend 100% on the calculator and have no clue how to do simple math in there head.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 05:17 AM   #13
Ontheroad
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #551
Ellie & I were sitting in a movie theater that was about to show the remake of "War of the Worlds". A group of teens sat down behind us as one asked the other "Is this movie fiction or is it based on true life events" ?????

I was talking to one of our young summer office girls at my park. She was going to medical school in the fall. I asked her which came first, the Civil War or WW II. She didn't know.
Ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #14
Montana_1988
Established Member

M.O.C. #1988
You know it's fun to go to a fast food joint and place an order. Say the total is $3.63 and you show the cashier a $5 bill. He/She punches in the $5 and the register shows the change. However, instead of giving them the $5 you give them $5.75. Confuses way toooo many of them. I've actually had them page the manager in order to give me my change back.

True story:

I went to the bank and the young teller (early 20s) asked how tall I was. You're about the same height as my husband. Are you 6'3"?
I replied I'm 5'18"
So you're 6'3" she replied.
No, How how many inches are in a foot?
I don't know was her answer.
I said there are 12 inches in a foot so how tall am I?
She could not figure it out. And....she's the bank teller.
I finally had to tell here that I'm 6'6".

When I was in elementary, and it wasn't that many years ago...started in 69, we had math bees on the chalk board. The teacher would call out numbers and we had to write them on the board along with the answer. The winner was the last person standing.

In 7th grade we did something along the same lines in that the teach would place a piece of paper on the desk face down. There would be about 50 math problems. When he said turn it over, you had 5 minutes to complete it. You score was based on how many you got right.

As a result of this type of teaching I learned to multiply 3 digit by 3 digit numbers in my head. The teachers drilled it into us. I'm glad they did. I just wish the basics were taught today at the same level they were back then.
Montana_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote