Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
It's been one crazy summer!

It's goodbye Disney, Hello Melbourne. The good news is it looks like I start working again a week from Monday. Providing I pass the background check, fingerprinting, and drug screen.

I am currently set up in the Space Coast RV Resort in Rockledge, FL about 10 miles north of Melbourne. Did my best back in ever. Sure makes a difference from the drivers side and nothing significant across the road. I like the park. More of campground feel than typical Florida RV park. Quiet. About a 1/2 mile from 95. (Exit 195)

Melbourne and surrounding areas are quite a mess. It saddens me to see the beach. I don't think anyone has a business sign left. The trees that are still standing are all brown from being beat up. (By Frances and Jeanne) Parking lot motels and condos are piled with furniture and mattresses. Traffic lights have generators at the bottom of the pole where power has not been restored. People are still waiting on lines for water and ice. I drove by a Barbecue place today that had a sign out front saying "Now serving Ice Cream". Guess they are waiting on their new shipment of beef.

People are being patient and kind. Everyone has taken a hit in one way or another but they are determined to get back to normal. One step at a time.

The bad news is I have to get back to Sebring to meet with insurance people on my father's house. He fainted yesterday trying to move metal to the curb in the hot sun. He has Congestive Heart Failure and it is very hard to convince him he cannot do things like he used to. Thank goodness he had neighbors to help him inside and cool down. Don't know where I get my determination from.

Stopped in at Sun Coast RV today and learned if they were going to fix my leaks once and for all I would have to leave Miss Montana for a week so they could remove the slide. Their insurance will not allow me to stay in my unit. Besides don't think I want to with the slide out. I'm going to have to get with Keystone on this. It's bad enough that I have to, once again, move out of my unit, I cannot absorb the cost of a motel or whatever for a week. Nor do I feel I should have to. I am trying to start a new job. For you long time members you know I have been dealing with this, with two units, since May 2002. I have jumped through ever hoop they have put in front of me and I still have the same leak. Only it's worse.

Now the carpet gets soaked in 20 minutes. Not damp. Not a little wet. Soaked. I checked the slide seals on the Montana across from me today. The gutters going down the slide on their is smooth all the way to the bottom. Mine is a mish mash of plastic and pieces silicone together. I swear if anyone comes at Miss Montana with a tube of silicone again, I think I might just grab it and draw a line in the sand.

Just some random thoughts on a Saturday evening. I do want to say that there is a certain privilege living in an RV that allows you more options when faced with the power of Mother Nature. As long as you have the funds, you can run, you can stay. Only faced with a few days of shut down time, you still have a fridge, toilet, washing water.

It's a good thing!

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
fla native, I am so sorry that miss Montana is leaking again and you have go through all the trouble to try and get it fixed. I know that you and all the people in Florida have been through a lot, My continued prayers for each one of you. Thank the lord that your father had good neighbors close by to help him.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:29 PM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sorry to hear about your father. It is hot down here and it doesn't take much to put you out. I know because I have been working in the yard all day and I just passed out on the bed when I come in.

Hope everything goes ok with your clearance. They are a pain.

It looks like Suncoast could lend you a used RV while they are fixing your leak. I guess I am pretty lucky. My Monty does have some signs of previous leakage but I haven't seen it yet. It just went through two hurricanes and lots of water with no leakage. Everytime I think about upgrading I read about problems I don't need. Why get rid of a good unit. Of course I work to keep it up.

Good luck with your new job.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Good luck to you, we hope that every thing gets taken care of on your Montana and that your job is a success. Also we hope that your Dad is doing well.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Looks like your cup is full. Hang in there. The Lord knows your problems. I know things will get better for you. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:12 AM   #6
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Oh no, I'm so sorry about your father and I hope he will be ok. Good luck with the leak issue and I hope they get it fixed once and for all, it's about time to put this to rest. Good luck with the new job, send some of those positive job finding vibes our way will you please? LOL My husband needs to find one, 3 months is long enough and he's driving me nuts!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:02 AM   #7
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Good Luck on the new job and I hope your father is doing better now, I too am still cleaning up trees, tree limbs and such, but it will be done one day soon.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:56 PM   #8
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
Looks like a new beginning. Now if that leak is really fixed you're starting off on the right foot. Hope your Dad is ok.

Good Luck
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sorry to hear that, BJ. Sure hope your Father is ok and hope he will start to listen to you and his doctors. Have you talked to Keystone about your options for getting that leak fixed?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:40 PM   #10
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks for all the kinds words and wishes. I spent the last two days at my fathers with the "chain saw on a pole" cutting down branches beating up against his house. We tied what was left of the front porch to a palm tree to keep it from blowing into his house. He's doing Ok. I think the little incident last week put the fear in him. Now we just wait for the insurance adjuster. My father is luckier this most.

sreigle,

I have contacted Keytsone. I'm waiting. The local dealership, which I think is a good operation, rejected me today. They told me that they feel Keystone should take this unit back to the factory and that they did not want to try and fix what the factory could not.

I am waiting for Keystone to respond to this latest turn of events. I hope they respond soon as I have a gas leak tonight. I turned off the tanks and tonight I go to bed thinking, when will this ever end?
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote