Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #41
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Tomorrow, 3 May, will be a very busy day.We have 5 hours scheduled for the PDI.We did a 5 hour Pre-PDI Friday so we have a good head start. Since we are 5Th Wheel illiterate and this thing is way more complicated that our TT we can spend a little more time on Operation..like hooking, unhooking, pull check, etc. We have the parking lot at the school I drive for reserved Sat afternoon for backing and parking checks..wonder how long it will take to learn how to parallel park this thing. Did the title stuff over the phone this morning AND remembered to get the checks to pay for it cut.. 10 years of planning and 3 years of homework and looking come to a end tomorrow..It is a good day..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #42
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Rich,

Congratulations on your new home. I'm sitting here with my wife, sipping a cocktail with the air on (we're in Clear Lake, right now) and using Verizon for I-net access.

This is our second trip - the first was just a few miles from home. I felt that if the 5er had major problems, we could get a room or a meal at the RV resort's hotel!!

Never owned a 5er (or a pickup truck) before, so my learning curve has been a little steep - but after driving over Hwy 20 (twisty and turny and with a warning that rigs 30 feet from kingpin to rear axle not advised) I'm feeling pretty confident.

Our 3400 has performed flawlessly thus far - just a few little problems that the dealership fixed.

My only dilemma is do I buy a $20 bbq at WalMart, or do I go for the RVQII?

My wife and I are absolutely loving this lifestyle.

And, I can tell you that I have met quite a few people who own Montanas on our journey thus far, and one fella that wants to buy a 2955 (I saw the post). He told me that he could buy one for $47k, and I told him to log onto montanaowners.com and register - he could do better!

Seems that everywhere we go, people come up to us and ask us about our Montana and we also get comments like "Wow, that is so huge! How did you get it in this campground?" My reply? I go slow, and with the help of my wife, we get'r done!

Again, congrats!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #43
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We shall be thinking of you doing your PDI. Our's was a rather quick one as we ordered ours from our Dealer in Ontario in 2004 while at the Rally in Indiana. As we were leaving again in 2 weeks we only gave the Dealer a few days to get the 3400 ready and drop off our Mountaineer and as we had to take everything out of the TT and load it into the 5er on the day we took delivery there was not much time for anything, however we trusted our Dealer as we had already purchased two rigs from them. Well we took it to Florida for 4 weeks and the only thing we found wrong with it was there was a light over my husbands side of the bed that was not working and on the last day we travelled through very heavy rain and found the kitchen slide leaked (something you could not find out in advance) not to worry our Dealer dealt with both these problems. We just love our 3400 and will be returning to it for a few weeks in Tampa next week then will haul it back to Ontario at the end of June until mid September. Good Luck tomorrow and have fun!!! Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This dealer has the equipment to do that water pressure test for leaks and he will do that.They also do a pressure test on all the tanks..there is only so much you can do for the PDI but the way I see it we have got a year of warranty to wring it out.You know Michael..I drive big busses including the 44 foot tour busses and you are correct..that 3400 is huggg.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #45
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Don't forget to pack the camera so we can get pics of that beautiful rig and the smiles on your faces as you are driving away. Honestly being around big rigs for the last 20 years @ work I have learned the value of a pull check before raising the landing gear.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:37 AM   #46
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Well Rich this is a good day for both of us....Your PDI and My Birthday...you picked a wonderful day to take delievery of your new unit! Have a pleasant day and don't be grinning too much on your way back home Good Luck! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #47
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Allison,

Happy Birthday to you! AND Happy PDI to Rich!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #48
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
VanMan,
Although the blue hose can double as the FM antenna, that was a midyear rolling change. My 06 3400 (11/05) had the white shower head design, so I opted for the inside antenna rather than the blue hose.

I have no clue which works better.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #49
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Well, I presume you have done your final pdi by now, but the first sounds like it went well. Congratulations!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote