Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Maintenance Frustration on the Montana

You know it is hard enough to keep the Montana running right when you do all the required maintenance. I believe in good preventative, no problem at all. Specifically the 6 point level-up system, in 2015 I was told by Lippert when in a non sea salt area, wipe the hydraulic levelers with silicone once a week. Now Lippert tells the members at some of the rally's to wipe the legs with hydraulic fluid. I called Lippert a few minutes ago to clarify what to do. They confirmed a hydraulic fluid wipe every two weeks now. Is this what they stated at the rally? Then the Lippert tech stated that the BEST thing to do was to retract the level-up totally every few weeks, uh?? Does anybody really do this once you get the trailer all setup?

Any comments or information to clarify this would be appreciated.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote