Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Florida - Central or Soutwest Coast

Hey guys, we are stuck in the snow and ice in central Virginia, unfortunately we won't get out of here before Spring but I swore off Virginia in the Winter for next year. Can you guys recommend a good spot in central Florida or the Southwest coast that can handle a 3075 RL Monty for January and February next year? Help from stuck in the mud. John

gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
I asked pretty much the same question, but under "on the road again". Didn't get any replies, so maybe I should've post it here like you, eh?

I can tell you about one place. Big O RV Resort, in Okeechobee. I've visited my folks there...they've stayed there the past 5 years or so. Nice park, great people, lots of activities, etc. They are privately owned lots, but a number of the owners rent them out. I've been lookin at them occasionally, and would hazard a guess that for the winter, the average is about 600-800 a month. They have listings on the BigO website...I think actually BigO sets the price.
They are on the canal, so if you have a boat you can access lake Okeechobee from there which is why I'm looking at it. Spaces are sizable enough, some are even double lots.

I'm personally looking everywhere from there to SC...right now, looking at two months in FL and 2 in SC. I need my fishing...i LOVE my fishing !
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are a few MOC'es here at http://www.centralfloridarvparks.com/mousemountain/

Older park, Well maintained, well managed. We are at Exit 58 off I-4 One exit from Disney world. Reasonable rates... The farther south you go and the closer to the coast the more expensive the RV parks get.

Let us know if you need any help.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Every year this kind of topic comes up and often I will post something similar to the following. I never have a lot of people agreeing with me but I have met too many unhappy people to keep my mouth shut.

A park recommended to youmight very well be a place you will fall in love with and be very happy. On the other hand, it might be good facilities with a bunch of people you don't like and activities you don't enjoy. You are then sort of prisoners because you paid for x # of months and you aren't likely to get a refund if you are not happy. Every park I have been in has sort of its own personality. What I like, you may not and vice versa. We like the park we go to in Texas for its personality and activities,not its facilities. Other people don't like that park at all.

I would urge you to go south without much of a plan. Travel around a lot and find an area that you like with a park that you like and then stay a few days or a week. You might like it or you might not. Do some research on your own, people's tastes differ. I won't recommend a park for that reason. I like what I like but I have no idea who or what you like. We Traveled around like that for several years and found we like Texas better than Fl. But we did enjoy our travels in Florida we just never stayed longer than a week in any one place. two months is a long time to say in a place that you don't like.

Enjoy your travels
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
You could check out the Glades resort on rt 80 between Moore Haven and Clewiston.This is my 2nd year down here for the winter,but it is away from the coast (about 50 Miles east of Ft Myers.It has a golf a ( hole golf coarse and a Marina).
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote