Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
chd20go
Established Member

M.O.C. #10826
Samsung Stereo Receiver/ DVD Player

Any body have a wiring diagram for above stereo for playing thru speakers when watching TV? Mine only plays when watching a DVD or stereo. It should work with TV mode also. Thanks in advance.

chd20go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Ah yes, I remember a long discussion about this issue a couple of years ago. Yet another vital piece of historical information lost (for all practical purposes) due to the current issues with the MOC forum software and the lack of a working "Search" function.

But since you asked, here is what I remember. I will try to find the older, longer post, but until then, this should help you.

There is no wiring diagram available, but you really won't need one. I am assuming you have a fairly current model Montana since you have a Samsung stereo. I also assume you have a Samsung TV. The is an optical cable out of the TV connected to the Stereo. If you select the "D.In" input (the D stands for Digital) on the stereo, turn down the speakers in the TV and turn up the sound level from your stereo, you should have TV sound through the stereo speakers. If you have a Dolby 5.1 sound signal, you need to set the stereo to the "Matrix" option to obtain "Surround Sound". It has been a while since I did this and the RV is in the shop (again) so I can't be more specific. I think it is actually in the manual albeit difficult to find.

If you are not getting TV sound through the stereo check the optical cable especially if you have a TV that raises/lowers form a cabinet. Lots of problems with the cable flopping around and getting squished. They are glass and somewhat fragile.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
I seem to recall in my old Monty that I also had to go to the TV Menu under Sound and turn on external speakers. Not sure this is right, but may want to check those settings under the Sound menu on the TV. Good luck.....
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
On the remote press the DVD button(top left) and then press the Dopl11 button (bellow the 7 Button)and scroll through on the DVD display till you get to Pro logic or Matrix like Carland Susan said and that will get you there, also on the green Menu button(press the TV button first) go to sound settings and make sure you have it set for "External speakers" and you should be good to go and also that Dolby button is cool for adjusting the sound for Movies,stereo etc.... it makes a nice difference
Old 07-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
chd20go
Established Member

M.O.C. #10826
Thanks gang. Will try tomorrow. Workamping at KOA in Starke Fl. Have a 2010 365 REQ Big a Sky and this has always bugged me. I'll let u know.
chd20go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
I've found that it helps to refer to "in" and "out" and "to" and "from" according to the signal flow. So "from" the "out", "to" the "in". Drawing it on a piece of paper, "from" left "to" right. These units are full of reverse paths, but they sort themselves out if I keep the thinking simple.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote