Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Owners Groups for Other Keystone Products?

I have done quite a bit of Inet surfing and am finding nothing on the web like this site for other Keystone products. Can anyone help me out some?

Although I am quite satisfied with my 3400RL, I am tired of towing a small utility trailer behind it to carry my Harley - especially since triple towing along the east coast is illegal.

So I thouht about a Raptor or the Fuzion. Unfortunately even the dealers have little information on these products. The keystone websites are also lacking. For example, the Fuzion website doesn't even have an up-to-date brochure - the most current is dated 2008.

When I call Keystone, I get an automated attendant requesting that I dial an extension number or use the directory. Dialing zero is of no use as it simply brings you back to the AA. When I dial some random numbers in the directory to find a name match, every time I get a VM stating the person is not available. Perhaps someone can give me a name or better number that can get me to a live person at Keystone.

I am simply trying to get some current info on the above units and some kind of idea as to what options are available.

You would think trying to get some "BUYING INFO" would not be so difficult. Seems like Keystone must be struggling mightily during the economic downturn. If the sales and marketing groups are disfunctional, it will just be a matter of time before Keystone is on the rocks - no sales, no revenue, no production, no happy customers.

rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
There used to be a general forum for Keystone campers. I signed up, but there was very very little activity. Sometime it was several weeks between posts. The last time I tried to get on, it was gone...guess they shut it down.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Rick I Pull my golf on a trailer and it is double towing if you use a 5th wheel. and it is legal here in sc and most east coast states. There is a site and it is a keystone rv site.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Other than the keystonerv.com sites the only other model specific site besides MOC is an Everest Owners club. I heard of this because my brother-in-law has an Everest, but he is not active there any more than anyone else there. There might be others but in all honesty I just haven't looked.

Have you tried www.keystonerv.com? Did you try www.keystone-fuzion.com or www.keystone-raptor.com? You can also try rv.net and others like it that are not make/model specific? Have you seen those?

There is actually a Montana/Mountaineer model 347THT that can probably support a Harley and owning one means you are still in the MOC family. But a Raptor can probably carry MORE toys as the need arises.

It is only my opinion but if a Keystone RV does not have updated information then maybe nothing has changed.

I hope this helps.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Did you look at the Mountaineer Toy Hauler. It should haul a Harley
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Rick,
Here is a Keystone product related forum. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/index.php

You may be able to make a connection there that might be of help.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
I may be missing something here but I just went to the keystone web site and looked at both the Fusion and the Raptor and the copyright date on the online brochure for both was 2009.
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I have been on keystonerv.org and it seems to me most posters there are a very unhappy bunch. most post to bash keystone. Hey I love mine but I did ck it out when I purchased it. JMHO
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Thanks guys for the response!

Bobby, I have been told that towing a second trailer behind a trailer is called triple towing, and according to http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm it is illegal in SC as well as most east coast states. I have a friend who was stopped in SC and required to disconnect and leave his triple towed trailer on the side of the road. He had to leave his wife with the trailer to ensure that it was not stolen.

I will take a look at the Mountaineer toy hauler. My main problem is that most of the toy haulers are designed for the guys, and not the gals. Just take a look at the Fuzion rocker/recliners. They look like the driver's seat of a race car - a total turn off by my wife, and the name "Raptor" must be branded at least 6 times inside the trailer. The wife is also not impressed with the black/white flag appearance of the awnings.

But, the 2010 models seem to look more like Montanas with a garage. A good thing according to my wife.

I have looked at both the brand specific websites, but for example, the Fuzion website clearly is not up to date with the units that are on the dealer lots. But even the dealers do not seem to know what is really available. The Raptor website is closer to up-to-date, but again, they are unclear as to what is standard, vs. what is optional. A good example is that when I ordered my 2006 Montana, it was supposed to come with the same pin box as the 2005 units. But when it showed up, the pin box was 7" shorter. The very next 2006 trailer that the dealer received, had a brown outside decals, a complete new front end cap, cedar wood in the bedroom storage, and a centralized hookup center - none of which were on the one I purchased less than 30 days earlier.

But onto my current problem. When I purchased the Montana, I was able to get info from this site about obtaining a retail price sheet that showed the various options and their pricing. This has proven to be much more difficult since there does not seem to be a comparable source of information for the Raptor or Fuzion.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
The Mountaineer Toy Hauler looks very much like a Montana, or at least they did. The chairs they put in the garage were fab!

Keystone/Montana has LONG practiced running changes like you describe. If you are happy about this depends on what side of the change you land, and if you wanted it or not. We lucked out, many of the changes we "got" we love!

Good luck with your new rig of choice!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Try the www.irv2.com forums. There seems to be something for everyone there. If it's not, they will make a thread for you.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As I am always on the lookout for new links for the RV Links page and I am constantly surfing the Net. I have visited Keystonerv.org on numerous occasions in the past and 3/4s of what I see seem to be bashing Keystone in one way shape or form. Ironically most of the bashers don't even own a Keystone product and many of the bashers are coming over from Heartland.
The Admin/Owner Courtland seems to be in way over his head. Here's a exert of one of Courtland's replies.."I would love to spend more time updating this site and making changes to it to make it the best and most informative website on Keystone RV Products on the web, but since I work 60-80 hours a week I don’t always have time to make the changes in a timely manner. If you have recommendations to make this website better please let me know and I will look into them." Now that sounds all well and good but the date of that post was Sept 2007 and it seems nothing has changed.

BTW--NO I have not and will not add that forum to the links page.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The Everest folks have a nice websitefor their product
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 AM   #14
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
I find this quite interesting, because I personally sent in a request to Keystone in early 09 about the Montana and I recieved a prompt response along with my nearest Dealer calling me immediately. So at that time Marketing was on the ball; maybe something has happened in the meantime. I would put a request for info again to Keystone for your particular application and see if there is a response; may be worth the try again. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I know some things have changed as of late no doubt due to the recent economic down turn. There is no longer a team Montana.When I needed them last month I called 574-535-2100 as always. I suspect that is a Central point and have alway got a real live person. I asked for Team Montana and was advised that did not exist anymore but was transfered to another real live person. Don't know why but we have never had a problem in communicating with Keystone. I do at times get a VM but have always had a return call... Lucky I guess////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #16
G-Dude

M.O.C. #8547
There is group for both Everest Owners and Outback Owners. Keystone owners are great people no matter which product line they buy. Look for links on there sites. You Should google the names of the lines that you are interested in to see if more exist.

http://www.everest-owners.com/about.shtml
http://www.outbackers.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
G-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
I have seen the Mountaineer toy hauler. It is very nice and the area for the "toy" can also be used as an office. THe area would hold a Harley, golf cart, etc.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #18
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
We were at Camper Clinic in Buda Texas and they had or still may have a Mountaineer Toy Hauler. If Keystone had one of these when we bought our RV we might have purchased one. We were looking for a rig that would allow us to have an office set up.

The inside of the RV was totally different than the normal toy haulers. It actually looked like a regular one until you got to the back and saw that it would haul lots of toys.

I would think they would send you pictures if they still have the RV. Here is their number (512) 295-7878.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #19
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
SC,

Please let me know where you found the 2009 copyrighted brochure for the Fuzion. I just again looked on the Keystone-fuzion.com website. The most recent brochure listed is called the "2008 Product Brochure". Interestingly it is an update to the one that was on the web site last month, and it does have one of the newer floorplans - the 405. But it does not even list the correct current interior decors. Also, there are a number of features/options that are on some of the newer rigs I've looked at, that are not mentioned in any way in the lastest brochure.

I will call Keystone tomorrow to see if I can get the latest information. I have eye-to-eye spoken with at least 10 Fuzion dealers, and it is clear that they either do not know what's up, or they are not saying. I understand that this is the beginning of the new production year, but still, I feel compelled to "know" what I'm doing if I am looking at a $50K purchase.

I think most will agree.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
While we were in California last winter there was a Montana with a hydraulic lift on the back and a Harley sitting there. I went over to inspect what he had done and found that they had cut the suspension off and welded a piece of tubular steel all the way along the frame rails then welded the suspension back on. Looked like 2x2 heavy duty steel tubing. Said it worked just fine. Would imagine there would be no warranty on the frame.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote