Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2005, 02:30 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Ditched the Dish!

I'm happy with cable again. Not to say the Dish did not serve me well for a time, but having a few experiences in parks where the trees were too numerous for reception, like the one I'm in now. I decided to give cable a try again.

Also because with my new job I had to sign a years contract so I'll be in the area for at least that long. Maybe not the same park, but in the area.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I love this new DVR player that comes with Cable now. I'm big on recording and this system is so cool. There is probably some new dish equipment out there that is similar but I am not ready to invest in it at this point. So the DVR is right up my alley. Touch of a button I can record two shows at once and watch another at the same time. I can have up to 60 shows recorded before I have to erase. All I have to do is scroll the menu and if I see something interesting it the record button and the DVR takes it from there. No more setting timers and channels. If I want to save something I have recorded I can record from the DVR to my VCR.

No more commercials for me!!!! The fast forward is fast and stops right where you want it to.

For the free install and no contract and a rate that beats Dish I'm a Happy TV viewer again. The thing I did not like about Dish is that If I wanted to leave for the day and record I could only record off of one channel.

For sure when you a parked in one place the Antenna can get old fast. Now I'm flying through Cyber Space and I am the Queen of the record button.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:42 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good to hear your doing ok fla native. My daughter has a recorder with her cable and it is great.

Direct TV has a DVR dual input receiver for 99 dollars and I am thinking about getting one. The problem is everything now is in a state of change. So I will probably wait until the end of the year until their planned changes are in place. More HDTV comming. Plus I look for prices to come down since VOOM is coming on strong with 100%HDTV.

Good luck with your new DVR and cable.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:59 AM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks! I'm with you on the current changes going on. Decided to go this route until things even off a bit. Right now I have a Dish 500 and 2 receivers that are pretty much obsolete as far as the NEW technology goes.

For now I'll just pay my monthly fees until I'm on the road. By then maybe wireless will be all that it should be.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:19 AM   #4
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Dish is available with a free DVR...this one DVR will allow you to view tv in two separate rooms. No Contract. FWIIW
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:51 AM   #5
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
fla native, where are you located in Florida?

Montana_2821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
R&R,

Well I'm not as close to the Mouse as you are, but I'm not too far. I'm in Rockledge. A few miles north of Melbourne straight up
I-95.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
Ok, I know where Rockledge is located. You made a comment about a years contract for your job. Are you a contract worker? What line of work?

Montana_2821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I am a family therapist. The agency I have signed on with is spending a considerable amount of money to send me to training's required by the Dept. of Juvenile Justice. (Their funding source) It's a certification thing. Just came back from University of Utah. Next it's Bloomington, Indiana, and then Las Vegas. At that point I should be sufficiently "certified".

This is why I agreed to the year. Prior to this I had a contract with the State of Florida for seven years to provide Family Therapy for the Dept. of Juvenile Justice in Manatee County.

Then came July 2004 budget cuts.... (Thanks Jeb Bush! Lets not keep what's working...lets build more Juvenile prisons) Could these problems be "family" problems? Sorry I digress!

Then along came Charley, Ivan, Francis, and Jeanne. A wild ride!

Not a great time to be sending out resume's in Florida. But I have managed to secure this and it's a new day. I will embrace it and keep doing what I do best.

Old 03-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
BJ, Congrats on the new job. Sounds like a rewarding profession. So good to see you posting again. Really miss you when you are "unconnected".
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote