Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189

Since the middle of Feb. have been reading this site almost every day. I don't understand why we made the choice of a Montana after all the problems I have read about. We are selling our brand X 5th wheel of one year and getting a new 3475RL. Should be here end of April. We are looking forward to the extra space but not the loss of mpg. Will post another entry regarding the towmobile with the chip.
Dick & Toni Whitfield

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Dick and Toni, and congratulations on the new 3475RL! That's a new model and is a real beauty!

One thing about MOC is we are not afraid to air our complaints. On the other hand, we're not very good about talking about all the good things about the Montanas and Keystone. Human nature, I guess. Montana has been the number one seller in North America for four years in a row. I could see a year or two, but four years in a row, they must be doing something right. Anyhow, you probably figured out by now I think you made the right choice going with a Montana. And if you continue to read this forum you'll find out just how much we think of Keystone and the way they stand behind the product. There have been some problems but most have been minor. And Keystone has done a good job of stepping up to the plate. Sometimes that takes awhile, but they get there. I can't say the same about the mfrs of the other brands we have owned. We're on our second Montana and if there's another FW down the road, Montana will be number one on our list.

Don't hesitate to ask question and voice opinions here. That's what this place is all about. Keep us posted as your new Montana arrives and your adventures begin.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Enjoy the forumn and please keep us posted. Hope you will be able to come to one of the rallies that are planned this year.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:43 AM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome and congratulations on your new Montana.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Dick & Toni to the MOC.

Quote:
quote:I don't understand why we made the choice of a Montana after all the problems I have read about.
Could it be that there was no place to go to read about the down side of every other 5er on the market.
The members of the MOC take pride in their Montana's and in this Forum. This forum is run by Montana/Mountaineer owners and not by the manufacturers. As you can see in another thread, these Administrators are getting "0" funding from Keystone. Therefore we are allowed to say what has to be said without fear of being deleted or censured by the manufacturer. Believe it or not Montana actually encourages us to air our problems with their trailers on this forum as they can use this information to build a better unit. Also by placing a link to this site in their brochure and on their website they are encouraging new and prospective owners to visit here and become more informed about what they are buying.
I honestly believe after a short time as a Montana owner you will "understand why we made the choice of a Montana after all the problems I have read about". and someday you too will be responding to a post such as this explaining why you luv your Monty as the rest of the MOCers luv theirs
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome & join in anytime. Glad to have you.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The reason you made this choice is because of Montana Madness. It is a computer virus infection that is given to all who read this Forum every day. (Remove tongue from cheek) Glad to have you aboard. Hope you have many great adventures to share here.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:38 AM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Dick & Toni, Welcome to the MOC. Glenn, put it very well, there may be some that have problems with their unit, but if you continue to read the forum you will find the majority of us love our Montanas and the customer relations we have with Keystone. Many of the owners here are on their 2nd or 3rd Montana. We are on our third RV, but this is our first Montana. After almost two years of enjoying our unit, we have decided we will definitely go with another Montana when we are ready for a new unit. Enjoy the forum. There are some great friends to be made here.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Hello and welcome!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Well said Glenn and Steve as usual. In short WE LOVE OUR MONTANAS.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:12 AM   #11
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Hello and welcome.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 AM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the forum,
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:38 AM   #13
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Yes, yes, yes Glenn & Steve said it well. To expect to buy a new RV or for that matter a new Truck and not have ANY problems just isn't a realistic approach in this day and age. I buy Chevy trucks because my dealer and GM give us excellent after the sale service. No different than the approach by Keystone!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #14
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to MOC and congratulations on your choice of 5th wheel. If you have been reading the forum every day, you have seen that we all love our Montanas and the pros far outweigh the cons. You will have many enjoyable miles ahead.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote