Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
bandit
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12000
Inverter on 2015 3611 RL

As far as I know our 1000 watt inverter only powers our residential fridge. I sleep with a CPAP machine and need to be able to tap in to this inverter to power my CPAP when I boondock, which is seldom. Does anyone have any advice on how I can accomplish this?

In addition, my water pump is now coming on for about 1 second every minute or two. I've checked all water outlets and everything is off. If anyone has some thoughts on how I can fix this I would appreciate it very much. Currently in Homer, AK from southern Oklahoma and having a great time. God bless.

bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Not sure how much power the CPAP pulls. You may be able to plug into the same outlet as the fridge but that would require pulling the fridge out. Another alternative is to find the inverter and see if it has a second plug and run an extension cord from there inside someway (perhaps a hole thru a cabinet floor). All that depends on what the fridge and CPAP pull and if the 1000 watts will suffice for both. Proably the best option is to run a second inverter (small ones are cheap at Wal Mart) just for the CPAP.

Seems like I have also heard of travel CPAP machines that have their own batteries too????
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
For the water pump turn your water valve that directs water to your tank from fill to city.

2x on seeing if inverter has second plug
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
On my HC-353, the inverter is in the basement against the front wall where the batteries are. There is a set of wires coming out of the back that connects to the romex that goes to the Resid. frig. It is right under the bedroom. You could connect into the unit at that location and run a line up into your bedroom.

FYI, the way the inverter is set up is (on my HC-353) - the inverter has a 110 vac cord and plug that plugs into a regular 110 vac - shore powered outlet with a pass-thru auto switch. There are also wires that connect to the battery going into the unit. The output is connected to the circuit wire (romex cable) for the frig. When you are connected to shore power, the pass-thru switch just passes the 110 shore power thru to the frig circuit. When you disconnect from shore power, the auto switch - switches to inverter mode and uses battery power to create 110 vac power for the frig circuit.

Hope this helps Steve
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
Just an added note - maybe you can get some good direction on batteries as I know if we are on the batteries and have the furnace running, our batteries will be pretty low before morning.

It might be my batteries so I am looking at upgrading to a pair of deep draw 6 volt batteries to provide better power and to hold thru the night.
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote