Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2014, 03:17 AM   #1
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Owners with dogs...

Even at OUR OWN RALLY, as well as other campgrounds, some people WILL NOT clean up after their dogs.

Come on people, get with the program and be considerate of other people where they walk an play in those same areas.

GEEEEEZZZZZ......................

scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:02 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Yup, makes one angry particularly if, like us, you have cats and can't return the favor. Particularly when they just open the door and let them out. Then if they attack someone else's animal it's always "I just don't understand it, they never did that before".
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
It's not a big deal to keep some Walmart bags in your pocket to clean up after your dogs. They are easy to tie up and toss in the dumpster.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I agree! It's not hard to clean up after your pet! I think is very inconsiderate to just leave the droppings
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Let's add those owners who place their dogs outside and allow them to continually bark and bark. For that matter, those who leave the dog inside while away and the dog continually barks.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
We live full time in an rv park in Naples Florida and we are right across from the dog run and when I see that they (Most of the time it is the 1 nighters) do not pick up their dogs mess I let them know about it. It is funny to see the look on there face when they are confronted. especially when the park has the bags right there in the dispenser. people need to wake up and understand they are doing wrong that there behavior is the reason we as responsible pet owners lose parks that are pet friendly.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eagleback

We live full time in an rv park in Naples Florida and we are right across from the dog run and when I see that they (Most of the time it is the 1 nighters) do not pick up their dogs mess I let them know about it. It is funny to see the look on there face when they are confronted. especially when the park has the bags right there in the dispenser. people need to wake up and understand they are doing wrong that there behavior is the reason we as responsible pet owners lose parks that are pet friendly.
Meh, some people just don't give a crap - literally. I've been tempted to pick it up and put on their trailer steps or throw it in the back of their truck.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Their is a new bread of Dog Owner and it is growing!
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Dick, maybe we should supply some of those Dog owners with some "Organic Dog Treats", more commonly known as Cat Toosie Rolls with Litter sprinkles!!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Your right. Some dogs find that very tasty and most humans find it totally gross.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #11
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Their Dirt Bags, and their what their dog drops
Old 10-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I mind my own business, except when I see dog "doo"! Best excuse I heard "it's a small turd"! My response " then you will not mind when it winds up in your truck"? I always laugh and say " you depose of it, or I will"! Lol
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #13
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
This past summer while we stayed 6 weeks in a great park, we got to watch weekender come and go. Of course with and without dogs. I group got the just "rewards". The day before they left--they were in 2 small trailers--the biggest dog was out between the trailer and did his business while an Adult from the group talked on his phone from about 10 feet away. No PICK UP for the POOP! Next day, they were prepping to leave, lots of back and forth between the trailers. Sure enough 3 of them stepped in the POOP. All looked so surprised! Then the complete shoe washing, smell test, wash some more. I hope a little bit stuck to the shoes so the ride home had a very pleasant aroma!--they were heading to Las Vegas in August--going to get hot.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:43 AM   #14
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
timandsusan - thats too funny!

I have a dog and ALWAYS pick up after her. It's not difficult. I keep the little roll of doggie bags attached to my leash and they are always handy. We have lived in a long-term park for a year and there is another long-timer who has a large dog. Despite the fact that there are signs posted all around the common area, I've NEVER seen it on a leash and I've NEVER seen him pick up after it. I guess the rules don't apply to him, since he's been here forever . . .
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #15
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

Dick, maybe we should supply some of those Dog owners with some "Organic Dog Treats", more commonly known as Cat Toosie Rolls with Litter sprinkles!!
DW calls them "litter fritters".
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:36 AM   #16
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We are currently spending time at our daughter's while Keystone is fixing our Big Sky. Our two dogs have the run of the place and come when they are called. We would bet that they would do the same thing in a campground. Having said that, when they are out on their own, we can't always see where they do their business and you can't pick up what you don't see. Therefore you will never see our four legged fuzz balls out in a public place without a leash. We don't even like the dog parks because you can't always see what they do.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #17
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
After being a host in a state RV park in Texas for 9 months, I could tell you dog and cat poop stories for hours. We have 2 dogs, and we do pick up after them, always.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #18
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eagleback

Meh, some people just don't give a crap - literally. I've been tempted to pick it up and put on their trailer steps or throw it in the back of their truck.
Huh, you mean I was only supposed to be tempted and not really do it like I did??? We have 2 dogs and a cat and pick up after all of them. The cat, most of the time, poops in her litter box and stays in the house. She does get out from time to time and even poops outside, but you'd never know it as she buries it and covers it up with leaves or grass. I've watched her and she will dig about a 3" to 6" hole, do her thing and cover it back up. She is so good at it that if you hadn't seen her do it, you'd never know. The dogs? It's not hard to pick up after them as they almost always poop on the walkway or in front of the door outside. Geez, I've been away for a while and my first post back is about Poop. Wow, we lead an exciting life.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #19
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
We have stayed in a park in Yuma for the past 4 years that has a large unfenced dog area, most dogs are off leash and many of those should not be allowed off leash as they run willy nilly all over the park with their owners standing in groups telling one another how wonderful their pet is.
In the meantime they are crapping whenever and wherever they want, sometimes it is noticed and sometimes not, however I always tell the group that one of their dogs has done his business and they need to go and pick it up.
This same area is littered with "small" dog crap in the mornings as a good number of the residents that live around the one half of the park let their dogs out after dark and "never" pick up after them. I have a doberman, she has never crapped on the way to the park, but she sure is in a hurry to get there at times, I don't have to worry where she is when off leash as she is always close to me.

Because of the breed we are not allowed in some parks, she is by far the best behaved dog in any park we have ever visited and that is confirmed by many other dog owners who have commented on her. There is no way she will ever crap and be ignored by me, or her mess be left behind. If owners cannot do that they should not have dogs in RV parks.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Over the years, we have had two dogs, camped with both, and loved both. Of course all dog owners love their dogs, but lets face it...dogs are a PITA. When our last one died, we said "no more dogs"...and inherited a cat. Now, when it's 40 degrees and raining, we sit in our RV and watch the neighbors walk their dogs and say..."glad we're out of the dog business."
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote