Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
Follow on to the Boom

This is the story of the Boom I posted back in April. It is an actual account and not embellished. I have not heard back from Coach Net, but I filled out their survey and sent them this story. I probably forgot a few things as well, so here for your entertainment is the Coach Net Story.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

On April 24th I had a blowout on my 5th wheel camper. It was the driver side front axle. This happened about eight miles north of Young Harris, Ga. On route 76 at 2:33PM. I pulled off the road as far as possible but was still straddling the white line at the edge of the road around a blind curve with oncoming 65mph traffic. Not a very safe place to be stranded with a drivers side blowout. I would have changed it myself if it had been on the passenger side.

I immediately placed a call to Coach-Net. A representative, named xxxxx, took the call. I was on the phone with him for 30 minutes 29 seconds according to my cell phone records. Most all of that time was devoted to your inability to verify that I was a member on the Gold plan and had been since April 2011. I had my membership card in front of me and my renewal verification letter which I received from you on March 12th. I repeatedly gave my membership number and my name, still you were not able to verify my membership. The rep ask me to read what the letter said, I said it’s a renewal, what do you think it says. While I am still on the line, xxxxx made a few calls to someone in administration to see if they could verify my status. I suggested he just get some service dispatched and underway while this issue was being resolved as I was in a very dangerous spot along the road with two barking bladders busting dogs. But no, that can’t be done until membership is verified. He couldn’t find it by member number, in fact remarking that that the number didn’t sound right. Well, my membership card and renewal letter had the same number and my name as well.

Finally, someone in administration answered his call after he was placed on hold for the next available representative. Administration verified my membership. This took most of the 30 minute call. Next I was asked again to describe the problem, a blowout on the 5th wheel driver side tire, which I did. Then I was asked a series of questions about my vehicle as if he was following some script. What color was my truck, did it have dual wheels, etc. all the while I’m telling him it was not the truck, it was the camper that had the flat tire. Again I was asked if it had dual wheels, I said it has two axles, it’s the camper not the truck.

Next we went through a series of questions to locate me on a map. There were no mile markers on that particular road, imagine that, but I had an address on a mail box along the side of the road where I was sitting. That together with my description of distance from Young Harris and the route he was finally able to locate me.

Next, the road service was finally dispatched. They were up the road less than nine miles from my position. The road service called me almost immediately and said they knew exactly where I was located and would be there in less than 20 minutes.

The road service guy was competent and friendly, it’s just that they were expecting to change a tire on my dully pick-up truck, which by the way I do not have duel rear wheels. That was a mistake in communication as to what my problem was, as in some of those series of scripted questions mentioned above. No mention of the 5th wheel and he was not prepared to jack up 13,000lbs of loaded camper. Luckily, I carry 12 ton bottle jacks in my truck and he was able to use them. Prior to my leaving ,the service man showed me his dispatch. He was looking for a Ford F-350 Dully and was to change a tire. I have a Ford F-250 single rear.

Spare tire mounted and I was on my way safe and secure in knowing that the highly competent and well trained staff at Coach-Net is there for me, or are they.

nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Really makes me want to sign up with them!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have them, but have not had to use them yet. I hope I get to be one of the more satisfied customers if I do.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I have used them twice and both times I had no problems...Used to have GS and called them once to get towed out of the mud in a Campground and they refused????? Just shows you can always get that one Rep no matter who you have......
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
I have used them a couple of times but for my cars.. They were jolly on the spot both times.. I had Allstate motor before and that was a different story with long phone calls and have to get approval to get my trailer off the road...
Old 05-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #6
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Have coachnet, had to call them on interstate 75 north of atlanta, same story as above trying to find our membership, took about the same time as above, we gave up waiting when a area policeman showed up to enable me to change the flat. Used again on the same trip...this time in massachusetts. better service which i relate to being only a couple of miles from a service area and telling coachnet exactly where we were. coachnet failed to pay the bill to the state of massachusetts and we ended up doing so. Dismal excuse for a company! John
Old 05-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
These are the first of these type experiences I've heard of with Coach-net (heard of quite a few similar with GS) so I guess they both can screw up pretty badly. My experience with Coach-net has been outstanding, but then again I use their phone app and it can find me by the GPS in my phone.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

These are the first of these type experiences I've heard of with Coach-net (heard of quite a few similar with GS) so I guess they both can screw up pretty badly. My experience with Coach-net has been outstanding, but then again I use their phone app and it can find me by the GPS in my phone. It also lets me type the problem in so my end is in writing and seems to work where the phone reception is really poor.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #9
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I suspect the person who helped you on the phone came from a previous job that required him to ask if you wanted fries with that.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #10
gilljr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13475
I have had to use GS 3x and no problem.
gilljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #11
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
No such thing as "customer service" anymore. That goes for most anything you buy or need service for. Very disappointing.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote