Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
vgforbes
Established Member

M.O.C. #9454
winter 2009

please excuse the typos, but it is difficult typing with a cat wanting to share the same space.. We have been full time since 2004 and are looking for something different this winter .. needs to be warm ..all other options open to consideration ( except parking next to a hot spring in Laird BC for the winter )
PS Have been getting some replies and thought I should add this Info....We stay in Nova Scotia for the summer season and from may to september including electric we pay about 1500canadian This has been the soggiest yeat on record, but NS is perhaps the most beautiful and friendly place in all canada e
Thanks for the replies they have been helpful. We have decided on florida due to some travel needs this winter . Have not picked a site yet, may return to FT Pierce, but are looking at some good rates on privately owned resort lots with golf and things ( nascar would be nice )

vgforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Welcome to the forum,

Get that cat his/her own user id so it can post!

Some of the popular warm spots here in US are, Florida (for me, it would be like Naples south, but, that is getting pricy! )

Rio Grande Valley, Texas, South Padre Island,Texas.

Arizona (not been there, maybe next winter??) But they tell me be prepared for cool nights, warmer in the afternoon.

Good luck in your choice. Let us know how it goes.

P.S. In Florida and Texas there are MOC get togethers, keep an eye on the forum for details. Ohhh, and a number of MOC'ers do a boondocking thing in Quartizite every January or so. Again, watch for details.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Laird Hot Springs are on the Alaska Hwy in British Columbia.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have spent two winters in the Savannah Georgia area and love it there. There quite a few RV parks in that area and some are very nice and not that expensive. The winters were not too bad, both years we were there we had about 4 days of below freezing weather. Other than that it was cool (40s to 50s) but sunny most of the winter and you aren't paying those high Fl. prices. Also most of the Gulf states, north Fla, Alabama, and Mississippi have very nice CGs that are not too expensive... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also love the Savannah area. It can be cool but I never had to worry about freezing our hose although that might be possible on some nights.

We also like Arizona. I really like Arizona.

We also like central Texas, like the Austin and San Antonio areas. Lots to see and do with cool nights and warm days.

Some folks prefer what we consider hot but we like Spring or Fall weather. Savannah, Austin, San Antonio, and much of Arizona fill that need for us.

on edit... I forgot to say we also like the Gulf Coast, such as Gulf Shores, AL area and some of the Texas coast.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Mesa, Arizona is great in the winter
cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have spent one winter in Florida and one in Arizona (in the RV that is). I would say both are equally nice as far as weather. There is probably more to see and do in Florida, although there is quite a bit to see and do in Arizona also, (kinda vague, I know). We lived in Tucson for 5 years in the late 80's to early 90's. There are many parks in these areas and you MUST determine the type of lifestyle you enjoy prior to booking a spot. Keep in mind also, that these parks fill up quite early and some may already be limited at this point. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these areas, including the Phoenix area, by the way (Mesa, Apache Junction and others, possibly even Casa Grande also). I have seen parks with all kinds of things to do and others that have very little to do. This is where doing your homework is so important....

By the way, we are wintering in San Antonio this year. It will be our first return since leaving there in 1986, having spent 14 years (all told) in the Great State and wonderful city. We are really looking forward to it!!!!!

Good luck in your decision and hope to see you on the road some day.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Welcome to the MOC forum Verna and Gary. We also reside in NS and have a seasonal at Riverland. This coming January we will start out on a 5 month tour of US and Canada starting with Charlestone SC, then Florida, New Orleans, Arizona, San Diego, San Fran, back to BC and then visit friends as we travel through all the provinces. Hopefully the following winter we will have found a nice spot to head back to down South. Will be looking forward to meeting MOC members on our trip.
Andy
Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vgforbes

We have decided on florida due to some travel needs this winter . Have not picked a site yet, may return to FT Pierce, but are looking at some good rates on privately owned resort lots with golf and things ( nascar would be nice )
We own a lot in Silver Springs, Florida and have several friends that rent out one of theirs for a very reasonable price.(under $600 month). It is a beautiful park right in the Ocala National Forest and on the Oclawaha (sp) River. Lots of golf courses and Daytona is an hour away. Let me know if you have any interest and I will give you names and numbers of owners.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote