Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2008, 04:42 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Replacement for Mission Tires

Have any of you good folks had any luck in getting Tireco to re-emburse you for buying a set of replacement tires? Also, what tire have you found that is a replacement, we found a Goodyear Unisteel G614RST, LT235/85/R16 G, down side is it requires 110psi and I'm really not sure if the alloy rims that are on the Montana are rated at that pressure.

Trying to find options other than sitting in Lebanon TN for several days waiting for replacements.

Thanks in Advance.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim, I was in Spokane, WA when I called Tireco and they authorized 4 replacement tires over the phone. I bought Les Schwab Towmax tires (Chinese). I paid for them myself and received a check from Tireco about three months later. They sent a UPS pickup ticket to Schwab for picking up the tires. I'm told the rims have a pressure stamp on them on the inside of the rim, however, I don't believe the alloys are rated for 110 psi. BTW these tires are doing fine. Only have a few thousand miles on them but so far so good. I think they reimbursed me about $120. per tire. Not much I know, but it helped anyway......

Hope this helps....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My tire man said the rims on my 340RLQ were fine for the G614's and they are the alloy rims. That is what I am running. The 85s are 1/4" taller or 1/2" diameter taller tire than the 80s. That hasn't posed a problem for me. When you inspect the tires, you will see a significant difference in the construction of the G614s and your old ones.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote