Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Did the Houston RV Show Today

We made it to the Houston RV Show today, saw the 10th Anniversary Edition. While it was nice, had a few nice changes I didn't really see anything that would make me want it over my 07 model. In fact there were several items that I wasn't really to crazy about.

The show was nice, a lot of RV's to look at, etc.. The real thing we came away with was the firm belief that we really did good buying a Montana. I did get a bit upset with the dealer that was selling the Everest, he was saying that the Big Sky was almost up to the quality of the base Everest and the Montana was several classes below. Sorry, lost my cool, told him he was so full of s--- that his breath smelled..

Other than that, a good show. We went with Wayne and his wife, Wayne was smart enough that he made a MOC nametag, don't remember meeting any other MOC folks.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow! I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never Smart!

Thanks Jim. By the way, the pleasure was ours being with y'all.

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
We went to the show yesterday also and had pretty much the same opinions. However I am excited about the new Anniversary Edition as our 3400RL should be arriving in another 5-6 weeks. Unfortunately there was no one from the dealer that could properly demo the new remote control features. I wonder why Kevin (Montana Rep.) was not there to at least train the salespeople? Oh well, beautiful unit anyway!

Regarding the Everest dealer, we had the same type of experience with him "running down" Montana. My wife and I were having a 'private' conversation regarding unit comparisons and he jumped in and had to give us his opinion as to "the relationship" of Everest to Montana. Made Cathy not real happy. You don't even see that kind of antimosity between Montana/Big Horn dealers??? What's the deal?

All in all when you compare apples to apples IMO, no other coach comes close to the value of Montana. And the Houston show once again comfirmed that for me!
4 beader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #4
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
When I went to the show here in Richmond, VA the Titanium dealer was telling about their trailer and when I said I had a Montana he shut up and let me be I had once looked at them before and when I looked at them again, that was one cheaply built unit.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
One of the Holiday World reps gave us a run down on the remote and the functions. I think Jim knows his name. He didn't actually push the buttons, but used the pointy finger to identify and say what it would do. Guess he didn't want to upset the people who were inside.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
They all KNEW the theory behind how the remote worked, but just couldn't make it happen! Even the Holiday World sales manager wasn't 100% sure. One sales rep even said that it was probably mislabeled (at the Lippert factory?; yea right). LOL
4 beader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
I hope that you guys (Jim and Wayne) didn't create a scene or promote a rumble,at the show in Houston, did you? Say it isn't so.....
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I can see the headlines now.....

"Two MOC Gang members assault salesman at RV show"
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I wasn't with Jim and Joan 100% of the time so I can't speak for them. Neither had a black eye though, so if they did they did it as a team and won.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Does that mean they have to change their name to the MOCer Boxers??? Ha Ha!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:59 AM   #11
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Hi, Jim here. On the remote, Alex had the controller for the unit, he had all slides blocked except the bedroom one. He ran it in and out for us, said he didn't want to scare any customers that might have been in it. It was not mislabeled. Worked pretty slick in fact. As for the Everest Salesman, I saw him again a little later in the show, he quickly turned and went the other way. I'm to old to punch that hard anymore, just sputter and rage now...
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote